Mike Pereira Cali Walnut series

mineymole

UU VIP
UU VIP
Reaction score
Has anyone tried one of these? What’s the good, bad?

No bad all good, great sounding Uke made by a top builder. No bling, very plain look.
I believe a true value for a hand built instrument.

Very nice looking, simple and clean.

Walnut series.png

8 tenor cutaway ukes, 5 acoustic bass ukes, 8 solid body bass ukes, 7 mini electric bass guitars

• Donate to The Ukulele Kids Club, they provide ukuleles to children's hospital music therapy programs. www.theukc.org
• Member The CC Strummers www.youtube.com/user/CCStrummers/videos

I've had a MP walnut tenor. It was great. I believe the only difference would be that mine had bling which, while attractive to the eye, didn't add anything to the sound or playability. Rare to find a great builder who makes fine instruments at an economy price. Grab one before the economics of the exercise sees the production of these cease.

Don't know how I missed this thread in September.
Deep, rich, booming sound. Body is beautiful, solid black walnut. Oiled finish. Satin mahogany neck. Easy to play. 1-3/8"w nut. D shaped neck. Very comfortable to my hand. Walnut faceplate. Good quality Grover open-geared, chromed tuners. Rosewood fretboard & bridge. (Unused accumulation since he uses ebony now.)
Handmade in small batches. Will only make them until the wood is gone. (Approx. 100 ukuleles.)
Immaculate construction. Terrific builder. Great person.
mpukulele.com

Top Bottom