Thread: Here Comes the Sun - The Beatles (arranged by Fred Sokolow)

Default Here Comes the Sun - The Beatles (arranged by Fred Sokolow)

Hi guys,

I recently purchased The Beatles For Fingerstylw ukulele arranged by Fred Sokolow (and I love it!!!)

Im having difficulty with Here Comes the Sun.
    Could someone give a rundown of the order to play the song with all the Coda 1 and Coda 2 and DC al Coda 1/2 stuff?

Would be much appreciated!!!

Without seeing the music notation you are working from, it would be difficult to explain the "roadmap" of the song. However, when dealing with a piece of music that has a challenging roadmap, I have found that it's helpful to listen to a recording of the song (preferably the original version) on YouTube (or another source), and take note of what order the various parts (verses, choruses, bridge, different endings) occur during the recording.
    Kala KA-SLNG (long neck soprano)
    Snail MUC (solid top mahogany concert)
    Ohana TK-35 CG (all solid mahogany tenor)
    Concert Fluke (green)
    Flight TUS35 (blue soprano)

You can find all the songs in the book here

https://m.youtube.com/playlist?list=...pevVeL412XShKE

Hi Pug - I have the same problem. The music itself is easy enough, but I have no idea how to follow all that Coda business. I wish Fred would put more books out (I know of the other existing ones) . The Beatles and the Bluegrass ones are my favorites.

Quote Originally Posted by TobyDog View Post
    Hi Pug - I have the same problem. The music itself is easy enough, but I have no idea how to follow all that Coda business. I wish Fred would put more books out (I know of the other existing ones) . The Beatles and the Bluegrass ones are my favorites.
    Try looking in Wikipedia... and Music Theory books typically explain this kind of notation too.

For instance here is what Wikipepia says about Coda:

"In music notation, the coda symbol, which resembles a set of crosshairs, is used as a navigation marker, similar to the dal segno sign. It is used where the exit from a repeated section is within that section rather than at the end. The instruction "To Coda" indicates that, upon reaching that point during the final repetition, the performer is to jump immediately to the separate section headed with the coda symbol. For example, this can be used to provide a special ending for the final verse of a song. "

Like someone suggested earlier, listen to the original recording of the song while looking at the music sheet in the book. That ought to sort things out quickly.
    Ohana CK-42R concert - solid sinker redwood top, solid rosewood back and sides, maple binding, Ltd. Edition
    Kala KA-FMCG concert- solid spruce top, laminate spalted flame maple back and sides, mahogany binding
    Ohana CK-120G - all-solid acacia, mahogany binding, Limited Edition

Money can't buy happiness but it can buy a ukulele which is basically the same thing.

Thread Information