Season 344: "Changing Seasons"

Indian Summer

Every autumn I always start listening more to my old Jazz cds. Something with the shorter evenings and colder weather gets me drawn to this particular type of music so my second and last submission for this season is also a jazz tune but an instrumental this time: 'Indian Summer'. Here in the UK our indian summer has just passed and now real autumn has arrived.

I am really a beginner in jazz playing so please forgive me if I venture too far away into odd chords, scales and arpeggios in this one ;-)

Ps. Thanks to eveone who has listened to my take on 'Autumn Leaves'. Much appreciated.

I did this Merle Haggard song a few weeks ago during Ricks "Doc and Merle" Season. I really like the Osborne Brothers version of it, and added some of my own arrangement as well, and it's not the easiest arrangement in the world, so I wanted to get more used to it and try it again. This time I did it half mandolin and half uke, with a very quick work up on the mandolin. This was the 2nd recorded take, so not perfect, but the feel wasn't too terribly bad.

Hope everybody's doing well out there in Ukulele Land.

If Not For You - Bob Dylan/George Harrison (If not for you, winter would hold no spring)

here is my take on this season

Great Theme!

Ahoy-hoy seasonistas.
I am done travelling for work (at least until... next April... I think) so now I can go back to being a regular participant in these loveley seasons.
I played a traditional Icelandic song that I have played before, back in season 332. I decided to re-record this song because I feel that my singing has improved since I did it last, and because I really like this song.
This is 'Krummavísur' or 'The poem's of the Raven' and is a song about winter.

Seems very quiet just now but I'm caught up to here.

All the same there have been a good variety of imteresting entries. Keep them coming.

I have been trying to cover this song for years and it is almost always on Tootler's week. The XTC album 'Skylarking' is an amazing album that holds a special place in my heart. This song, 'Sacrificial Bonfire' is just an awesome song about the survival of the winter, coming out the other side and the celebration that goes with it. I'm a pagan at heart and always love the solstice and equinox (fall solstice is today by the way) so I think this is a very appropriate song for this weeks theme. Happy equinox to all and may you all have a great fall - great lyrics right there. Oh! I got to finally use the drum machine that I bought 3 years ago at a garage sale for 10 bucks. Enjoy!

You want changing seasons? Try four of them in one day. This is a Crowded House song.

Here's a Pacific Northwest underground classic from Olympia, Washington love rockers Beat Happening.

Season 344 is well and truly over.

A relatively quiet season by current standards but a good one.

My thanks to everyone who contributed. I need to listen to the last few then I'll tru and see about a wrap.

Geoff, thank you very much for hosting and your fine theme. I especially loved hearing some familiar songs in new ways when they were brought with this theme in mind. Great music this week!

I TOTALLY forgot to post this, lol. Doesn't sound that great,(actually I can barely listen to it!) but I'm putting it here where it belongs for I sang this for your "Month of Maying" Season...63, I believe.

Top Bottom