Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Season 344: "Changing Seasons"

Quote Originally Posted by pabrizzer View Post
    Helped my grandson Jacob built a 1 : 100 scale model of the sarsen stones (as they may have looked) of Stonehenge today for a school project he has to complete. Some say it may have been a calendar to mark the equinoxes and the solstices.
    Attachment 112026
    Yep, that beats some of the rubbish I helped my children build.
    www.365ukesongs.co.uk - 365 songs in 365 days, raising funds for SolarAid

Soprano - KoAloha KSM-00, Maccaferri Islander....Concert - Barron River Mahogany, Barron River Cypress, MyaMoe Koa, Johnny Marvin "Tenor" ....Sopranino - Rob Collins Cigar Box...all with Worth strings...and a few chords

My wife worked in a school for too many years, so for us the first day back in September always seemed to mark the end of Summer and the start of Autumn, even though the true change was a few weeks away. When she left that job, she swore that we would always go on holiday at the start of September. So we do, and our Summers are now a bit longer (and the prices go down too!)

Anyway, here's a White Stripes song about going back to school.

www.365ukesongs.co.uk - 365 songs in 365 days, raising funds for SolarAid

Soprano - KoAloha KSM-00, Maccaferri Islander....Concert - Barron River Mahogany, Barron River Cypress, MyaMoe Koa, Johnny Marvin "Tenor" ....Sopranino - Rob Collins Cigar Box...all with Worth strings...and a few chords

Someone at my local ukulele club taught this at a jam a few weeks ago, and I really liked it! I kicked up the tempo way past how the White Stripes play it, and my cat guest stars in this video because I had no idea he was sitting behind me until I was almost done. :P

EDIT: Oh no! :P In the time it took me to upload the video and actually post it to the thread, YorkSteve posted the same song first! Um, I guess I'll still leave it here as one of my submissions?

One of the great things about the seasons is, that it makes me discover music, I wouldn't get to know otherwise. When I read about the theme for this week's season, I did some research and discovered the 16th century English song Autumn comes, dealing with the transition from summer to autumn. I laid down the backing track with my Guitarlele, played the melody with my mandolin, and sang the lyrics, so that you know, it's really a song about the topic of changing seasons and not just an invention of mine.

Greetings,

Should be fun. Playing with music meetup in the park today, hope to contribute to your season.

Ciao
    "There are purple trees, my other mind has seen. So many things this one has not, so many things this one forgot. They never existed or did they? My other mind would know". gsc

Good theme Geoff, not totally unexpected :-)
    A short simple tune accompanied by leaves and snow.

Back before Jimmy Buffett became Jimmy Buffett(TM), he had a modest hit in the USA with this lovely song. It's really neat to play with a group.

Martin C1K Famous by Kiwaya FS-1 <yippee!!> Ohana CK-50WG concert (solid cedar top) Ohana SK-35G solid mahogany soprano <yay!!> Firefly maple concert banjolele <yee-haw!> Flea koa soprano Lanikai LU22CFM laminate flame maple concert Islander MAT-4 spalted maple tenor Makala MK-CE concert Woodrow "Steelers" soprano <eyeroll>

Raleigh Uke Jam:

My YouTube page

nice theme,chose a Richards and Hart song,it might as well be spring.Chords by Dr Uke

Season 344. Submission 1. "October Knows" - A Turtledrum Original (Copyright Linda Opyr, 2018)

Geoff, thank you very much for hosting and this theme which I love so very much.

While overseas last week, my family went to the beautiful Bavarian lake Tergensee for a daily outing. While sitting at lunch, I had the most beautiful view of golden autumn leaves gently drifting to the ground. That experience was very much with me in the writing of this song.

Last edited by turtledrum; 09-17-2018 at 10:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by pabrizzer View Post
    Helped my grandson Jacob built a 1 : 100 scale model of the sarsen stones (as they may have looked) of Stonehenge today for a school project he has to complete. Some say it may have been a calendar to mark the equinoxes and the solstices.
    Attachment 112026
    I had the opportunity to visit Stonehenge years ago. I'll never forget the time I spent there. It went right into my bones. Your grandson has a fine, fine project. I bet he never forgets this one ..... and your helping him.

Thread Information