Season 344: "Changing Seasons"

Here's a Lana Del Rey song, and my first collab with my new girlfriend, Nicki.

m
Thornton Rule-ing it up a bit. I will be writing song recaps for the new Netflix show Chilling Adventures of Sabrina. Besides, coming of age is changing seasons, right? ;)

As always, if you like what I’m doing please subscribe to my new YouTube channel. I will be posting a more applicable song for the Season on Thursday.

When I recorded the cover of Randy's song I had only listened to his version, afterwards I listened to Brian's version. And then I wondered how it would sound when I would use my Tenor. That is tuned 3 steps down to low E (so E A C# F#), and this is what came out of it. Another totally different version of Summer's End.

Don't have much time this week, so prob won't get many songs in, but here's one I first did last year, and re-recorded now that I really like, and it fits the theme pretty perfectly I think.

Hi guys... If you ever only gonna watch one of my videos, then let it be this one. Autumn Leaves - 50 chord changes per verse, 1 night practice, 1 night uke recording and 1 night vocals plus mixing it all together. Hope it was worth the effort. Cheers. ;)

This may seem a bit left field but it's the most literal change of the seasons depicted in song I could think of. It's from the Nightmare Before Christmas and it's the song Jack Skellington sings when he leaves Halloweentown (autumn) and discovers Christmastown (Winter). Lots of juxtaposition and a two key changes so I hope it counts!

Hello, Geoff! Thanks for the week! This song has a whole year full of seasons, rolling from one to the next.

Finally caught up as I've had a busy couple of days so it was difficult to keep up. Every song up to here should be on the playlist. If I've missed you please PM me and I'll make sure I've listened and commented and will add your song to the playlist.

There's 30 entries so far and a real variety of songs, including 3 people who've covered Randy's song (one twice!) so that's starting to look like this week's theme song. I've you've not yet listened to it give it an "earing", it's a good'un.

Greetings,

My first attempt at recording in stereo, well, it's harder than I thought. Not too bad if you use headphones and don't crank the volume. I have to learn to mix. Sort of a goodbye to one of my favorite baseball players (David Wright). So here goes...

Ciao

Top Bottom