Deviation of the strings?

Setting up, strings, precision

:agree:

I could be wrong on the brand but one matching the understandably vague description is available on Amazon for about £3. I’ve unwittingly used poor strings in the past and have come to the conclusion that uniformity of string diameter along its whole length is essential (lack of uniformity will change how the string vibrates as it’s characteristic change when fretted).

If there is one then the moral to this tail is always buy a quality product. Unfortunately, other than brand reputation and anecdotes, the quality and reliability of strings is hard to judge.

i agree with you about the quality of the strings but not about me having the answer, sorry guys. What I would have wanted is something like +-X% maximum variation for the strings when correctly fretted, or something similar to that. (Maybe a good quality string manufacturer can answer the question.:eek:)
For 70sSanO I would say, making a set up, or trying to make a set up with a clip on tuner isn´t a very good idea. Unless of course, if you have a very good ear. The good ear will be more valuable then a clip on tuner. The AP tuner 3 is better and more exact then the Korg chromatic tuner. It is free too.

Top Bottom