Amazing Jake Shimabukuro experience

NatalieS

Reaction score
My husband and I went to see Jake in concert on Friday. As always, he put on an incredible concert, and I'm always in awe of his talent! His live version of "Bizarre Love Triangle", in particular, was so gorgeous, it made me cry.

I took my MB ukulele with me to the concert, in hopes that Jake might bless it after the show with a song. He played a bit of "Hallelujah" on it. It was such a special experience for me, to see my beloved uke in the hands of an absolute master of the instrument. My husband got a video of it as well, and I will treasure the memory for life. Definitely one of those moments that makes you especially happy to be alive! Thank you, Jake, for being so kind to your fans!

Last edited:
Wow. That's a beautiful moment that you experienced, and captured. And he seems to be a generous guy, to do that.

Hi Natalie,
Nice to see one of your post again. Wow, that sure was a special experience. You and your MB are definitely blessed. No need now to travel to Lourdes.

Wow beautiful playing on a beautiful Uke! I love it when artists stick around after a show for pictures/ to sell and sign cd’s.

Great life moment. I met Jake when he stopped into U-Space in downtown LA to say hi to Jason Arimoto. What a absolutely gracious guy Jake is. (Big tip for everyone, when shooting video with a smartphone, always turn it sideways so the image fills the screen completely.)

8 tenor cutaway ukes, 5 acoustic bass ukes, 9 solid body bass ukes, 7 mini electric bass guitars

• Donate to The Ukulele Kids Club, they provide ukuleles to children's hospital music therapy programs. www.theukc.org
• Member The CC Strummers www.youtube.com/user/CCStrummers/videos

Wow. That's a beautiful moment that you experienced, and captured. And he seems to be a generous guy, to do that.

Agreed-- Jake always sticks around for whoever wants to speak with him!

Hi Natalie,
Nice to see one of your post again. Wow, that sure was a special experience. You and your MB are definitely blessed. No need now to travel to Lourdes.

Great to see you too, Hollis! I've been away from the forum for way too long. Hope all is well with you.. I've got to catch up on posts :)

Yes, he's a great entertainer and a very friendly guy. He's always available for photos with fans.

Yes, a very nice guy!

Wow beautiful playing on a beautiful Uke! I love it when artists stick around after a show for pictures/ to sell and sign cd’s.

His playing inspires me to practice harder and become a better player. He makes it look so effortless.

Great life moment. I met Jake when he stopped into U-Space in downtown LA to say hi to Jason Arimoto. What a absolutely gracious guy Jake is. (Big tip for everyone, when shooting video with a smartphone, always turn it sideways so the image fills the screen completely.)

He's the perfect person to spread love for ukulele around the world: kind, humorous, and incredibly talented. I'm glad so many people have met him! Also thanks for the phone tip-- my husband and I were speechless and not paying attention at all to filming technique lol!

Nice! I got to see him the other day in Charlotte. Front row center w my wife in a perfect venue. Think it's the 5th time I've seen him and he's made every performance distinct and amazing. And every time we've met, he's been super humble and appreciative. Just loves to get to do what he does, which is great to see in anyone, and ESPECIALLY in someone so talented.

Also gotta say as a bass player, I also love how he's allowing Nolan to do a bit more lately. He's a really solid bassist and though he knows people are there for Jake, he does a great job of keeping the mix full and lively.

41440712_10158064241003079_7973657985329135616_o.jpg41475900_10158064241148079_3042566772495482880_o.jpg41459324_10158064240653079_8147042267425669120_o.jpg

My husband and I went to see Jake in concert on Friday. As always, he put on an incredible concert, and I'm always in awe of his talent! His live version of "Bizarre Love Triangle", in particular, was so gorgeous, it made me cry.

That's one of my favorites from his new album.

It sounds like you had a fantastic time, and have some special memories (and video!) from the wonderful time.

I haven't seen Jake live, but he really does seem like an amazing entertainer as well as a genuinely decent person. A great person to help spread the love of music in general, and ukuleles in particular.

Thanks for sharing your experience.

Edited to add:
I love that he thanked *you* after playing your ukulele.

Last edited:
Well sure, anyone can make a Moore Bettah uke sound good, LOL! :cool:

(Just kidding, that's really fantastic!)

Last edited:
I will be seeing him the 25th with my ukulele club. I shan't take my ukulele with me, but I will try to meet him after the show.

That is awesome that he played your MB. Even tuned it for you! ;-)

Thanks for the kind words, you all! It's really nice to read about the wonderful experiences many of you have also had at Jake's concerts. It's a testament to how much positivity and love is spread through the ukulele!

Top Bottom