At 66 I’m giving it a shot

Wescanfly

Reaction score
50 years ago I played the guitar. 30 years ago I had an accident and lost the ring finger on my left hand. 4 months ago I decided to give the ukulele a shot and I absolutely love it! I started with a Hricane, next a Kala and finally a Mainland. All tenors, all with a Living Water strings and all in only four months. Who knew! Lol

50 years ago I played the guitar. 30 years ago I had an accident and lost the ring finger on my left hand. 4 months ago I decided to give the ukulele a shot and I absolutely love it! I started with a Hricane, next a Kala and finally a Mainland. All tenors, all with a Living Water strings and all in only four months. Who knew! Lol
Welcome!!! I hope I am playing well into my 70s :)
Also, welcome to UAS! Don’t fight it.. strategize ;-)

Welcome aboard. :)

I didn't start until I retired at 65, now I find the learning to play of musical instruments a great hobby, ukes started me off, but I have chromatic, diatonic, & tremolo harmonicas that I love to get a tune out of too.
Recently I went back to my flute, (found a piccolo for sale, & added it), but I'm still trying to perfect my embouchure - that didn't stop me from aquiring a fife though. ;)
I also joined a flute & whistle forum, & now I have a bunch of whistles too. :rolleyes:

Basically what I'm saying is that you're never too old to learn to play. :)

Welcome! I started playing uke after I turned 60 and had never played any instrument before. Music teachers in school told me I was tone deaf. I am still playing and having a great time nine years later. Steve.

Top Bottom