First year progress o playing ukulele

mep1

Reaction score
First year progress of playing ukulele

Hi there,

I started playing uke a year ago as an absolute beginner (with a bit of guitar playing on and off over the years. Now a year later, and many late nights of playing and practicing, I feel that I have gotten somewhere so I have made a short progress video which I hope can inspire new ukulele players. Let me know what you think.

One thing which has helped my a lot over the last couple of months is to participate in the Seasons of the Ukulele here on this forum. Gives one a weekly focus. If you would like to see some of the videos for the seasons, then check out my channel on youtube.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCu8NVqFoGqLgUvzkzPQ0Uxw?view_as=public

Last edited:
LOL. I think I have 6 and counting. Note the cheap black plastic strings on the first one. In all fairness I bought that one for my 1 year old (and got the bug myself).

List of instruments used:
- Stagg £25 ukulele (many better ukes for this price - a bit better after I changed strings. I can't recommend this uke to anyone)
- Kala KA-SLNG (I can recommend this for a beginner any day of the week, it is a great little uke)
- Godin Multiuke (Now it is getting serious - a wonderful uke for plugging in and relative quiet practice. Great for recording)
- Risa LP Tenor (Steel string electric which is very very quiet unplugged but comes to life when plugged into a guitar amp and given some gain)
- Toby Chennell Jazz Box Uke Archtop Tenor (this is a custom made hand carved luthier built instrument which sounds really great both unplugged and through an amp)
- KoAloha Solid Koa long neck soprano (The best sounding uke of the lot when played acoustically - it can really sing with a very clear tone. It is small but loud)

the electric stuff hasn't appealed to me so far, but those sound pretty neat.

another one on the wish list rapidly become like the phone book .........

Well, I'd say you've accomplished in one year what took me about 3 years. I still can't do YouTube.
Now, back up to June, and see that smile you barely showed off?
Grab that, come back to now and keep that smile, it's beautiful!
Keep it up, you got it goin' on!

LOL, you are right I don't smile a lot when practising. It's my concentration face :cool:

Top Bottom