Kala Spruce Bari . . . now in C

cdkrugjr

Reaction score
Okay, I have a lead on how to string the Nui . .

So now my Kala spruce Bari . . which LOVES being in gc'e'a' . . . just got my LAST set of Southcoast LLNWs. . . RIP Dirk . . .

So what's next?

Who makes light gauge strings for linear tuning?

Worth Clears maybe? I'm not sure whether their light gauge are for Linear or Reentrant tuning...

Hmmmm .. .not sure.

If I look at Worth, their Bari G looks to be the same diameter as their Tenor C . . . So for C I'd almost certainly want lighter gauge for higher pitch in the same scale . . . see "LL" on my current stringing

LWs all seem quite a bit heavier, which would probably have too high tension in C tuning on a bari.

They mention it as a "Custom set" but that might be a bit much from US to UK to fuss with, unless someone sells a bog standard combination . . . Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm

I have strung a baritone in gcea a number of times. Just use any concert gauge set. They will give you the proper tension , I have used Worth CM with good results.

I have strung a baritone in gcea a number of times. Just use any concert gauge set. They will give you the proper tension , I have used Worth CM with good results.

Hi, Bro, why is this so? Isn’t a concert set a different thickness than a baritone one?

I wanna tune my baritone to fifths, but I don’t have an A. The baritone GCEA set costs $8 . . .for an A string? :eek:ld:

Thanks, Ubu, I guess, because of my age, I get mixed up easily, so I’m trying to tune my baritone to fifths.

I’m still gonna keep my other ukes as they are for singing when my Asthma lets me. :eek:ld:

Top Bottom