Harmonica question

plunker

Reaction score
I purchased a 7 set of Honer Blues Band 10 hole harmonicas. On the F instrument the F is on the 4th hole. I am trying to figure of out how to play the D below that f. Any tips?

You hafta draw bend hole number 3. It goes - blow F draw G / blow A draw bend Bb draw C / blow C draw bend D draw E / Blow F.

If you have a book, look up bending. Bending is one of the things you read and then try until you . . . Just Do It! :eek:ld:

Thanks, but Deep Bend?
Looks like this is going to take some work and practice.

Last edited:
The 3rd hole has 2 bends C# - D. So #3 is C - C#- D - E. When I usta play, I did all this by ear. That’s why they call it a blind man’s instrument. One has to learn by feel.

Ha! When you’ve learned how ta draw bend, then ya gotta learn how to blow bend. It’s more difficult.

When learning how to draw bend the middle harps (A, Bb, C), and the middle of the harp is easier. :eek:ld:

Last edited:
Bending on a 'blues harp' gives a certain kind of sound that works well for that genre, it's an art form in itself, practice will get you there, I can just about do it, but I mainly play chromatic, solo tuned diatonic, & tremolo.

Top Bottom