Season 345 : Hey There Little Insect!!!!!!

this song from Jonathan Richman's
Not So Much To Be Loved As To Love LP (2004)

Here's a great song by The Judds. I can strongly relate to this song in some aspects of my childhood, as a lot of people could. Yellow jackets and a firefly lamp are also mentioned during this one.

The Memphis Jug Band did most of this song back in the 1930s, but having seen the title, I was a bit disappointed to find that only the first two verses mentioned spiders. So I dropped the rest, and invented another spider-related verse to pad it out a bit.
All of this confirms something which a leading figure on the UK ukulele scene (who shall be nameless) told me - "all these old blues songs - they're just made up nonsense".

it really has been nice watching all your videos. i am enjoying this.
hope that you guys are having fun and enjoying the entries as much as i do.
i am gonna have an early night tonight, will be back here first thing tomorrow!
much love to everyone.
see you soon!

Hey, Joo! Came across this on YT today .... cockroach heaven! (Strangely enough, the only time I've ever actually seen a cockroach was in the bathroom at a prestigious London hospital .... hmmmm!)

Here is my favorite Jonathan Richman song. I saw him play this one time, back in the day, in a sort of dining hall and multipurpose room at my school.

Season 345. Submission 1. "Spider's Web" (Old American Folk Song - Author Unknown)

This song was sung at many camps in the 60s and 70s.

Joo, you took me back. I'd forgotten about this one and haven't sung it since the mid-70s. I'd always loved its mystery, the story within the story. I hope you enjoy it!

Thank you very very much for hosting and your terrific theme, Joo.

i have been advised that i am like a wasp, because i like to buzz about, drink people's beer, and get very cross. surely not!!!!!!!! :eek:

is there a song limit this week? here's my second...

this pink floyd song, also covered by the mighty hawkwind, mentions a butterfly with broken wings... "cymbaline"

Last edited:
Yes I am up from my "early night".

NO THERE IS NO LIMIT THIS WEEK.
play all you want to play.
and hope you have fun!!!

( will be back to watching your videos tomorrow. It's 3.30am here and I have not slept at all. Will do so after I get some sleep. )

I wrote this song back in season 280, which was about the environment, but I didn't manage to find chords for the lyrics or record it.

I Figured that I would finish it for this season, since bees count! Save the bees!

The audio is not very good, the tablet I used forrecording didn't work, so I used the camera audio.
If you want to record it with a little more sting, feel free.
I would like to hear an electrified version :)

Code:
SEND FLOWERS FOR THE BEES

VERSE 1:
|Bb                          | D7               
      A barren garden without fruit or greens
| A7                                  |Gm
      Thats what the death of all them bees will mean
| Bb                    | D7
     Without the bees to pollenate
| A7                      |Gm
     human kind will have sealed its fate

CHORUS:
| Dm                             | Gm
      If you want honey in your tea,   better not kill the 
               (apples on your tree)
| Dm                       | Gm
 hive. Send flowers for the bees while they're still
|Bb                   | D7              
 alive.  It's food for us,      Not just a
|A7                 |Gm
 buzz,  that can be lost

VERSE 2:
A dose of poison in a flower cup
thats what they get the way we dust our crop
potato flowers full of nicotine
makes them loose their way and starve their queen

REPEAT CHORUS

VERSE 3:
A green desert without flower spots
is what they get the way we dust our crops
the wild flowers among wheat and rye
makes the difference if they live or die

REPEAT CHORUS

Last edited:
Tonnes of ideas hit me this evening, all of them weird andnwonderful but sadly I don't think I'll have much time this week.

Here's the Yeah Yeah Yeahs for starters though

Could picture you doing a very slow, quiet, creepy version of this pretty well, Joo

I've always loved this song, and this seemed the perfect week to try it. It's def a sizable challenge to attempt though!

Jonathan Richman is one of my favorites, and this is one of my favorite Jonathan Richman songs.

Here’s another original. I wrote it for my story times last spring and posted it on the Seasonistas Wrote This thread, so some of you may have heard it back then. It just hit me today that this one has lots of insects in it! I redid it for this season and Em helped me out with the motions.

HELLO everyone!

good morning, afternoon, evening!
I just listened to all the videos so far and YES I ENJOYED THEM.
all of them. how's that possible? but I did. yes!
hope you all are enjoying this season too.

I am gonna go and eat some food now. again. will be back tonight I think.

see you later!

Appologies from the video bommer (NOT)!

Hello everybuggy, that's actually something we say in this house, weird huh? Here is a little pastiche (learned that word from one of Berni's Seasons) Tiz to the tune of "La Cucaracha". I wrote this for the kiddies at school many a year ago :) Hope you enjoy it!

I was trying to do a song tonight, and lost the ability to hit high G halfway through. So I started noodling around, and came up with a little tone poem-ish kind of thing I liked. Then I was messing around with the electronic effects I have a available, and found a high-pass filter that gave me a freaky sound. I couldn't figure when this sound would be useful except in a Season about insects, so I added a little of that at the end.

Last edited:
Hello Joo, thanks for hosting, an original song for your season. I took Jon's advice and extended my short version.

Top Bottom