Season 345 : Hey There Little Insect!!!!!!

Hoping I can smuggle this in under the Thornton Rule. If you’re not familiar, Louie Bourgeois sculpted a 30’ spider named Maman in honor of her mother—a weaver who died when Louise was 21.

I’m 13 subscribers from my goal of 100! Please subscribe to my new YouTube channel and get a first look at my next music video and at a song I wrote but didn’t finish for this Season.

Hoping I can smuggle this in under the Thornton Rule. If you’re not familiar, Louie Bourgeois sculpted a 30’ spider named Maman in honor of her mother—a weaver who died when Louise was 21.

I’m 13 subscribers from my goal of 100! Please subscribe to my new YouTube channel and get a first look at my next music video and at a song I wrote but didn’t finish for this Season.

I've seen that in the Tate Modern in London ... fabulous!

Hi all! Throwing my hat into the ring here. Or grave, as it may be :)

This is my first entry, my first recording, my first video (since college - my have things changed!), and the first song I've really worked through from beginning to end. I picked up a ukulele about two months ago (and a second this week: first UAS!), have been really playing it for about a month, and advanced more this week working this through than the entire time before it. I discovered how much more difficult it is to sing and strum simultaneously when the recorder captures the results :)

Overall, I had a grave-load of fun! I think I killed this :)

This is the traditional "Hearse Song" with some altered lyrics ('cause it's not traditional if the lyrics are set in stone).

Good Morning my dears!
Getting ready to go out now...but had a quick look here and am so delighted to see more entries!
And especially happy to see a video from Arcy! Welcome to the seasons!
Isn't the uke so much fun!!
I can't wait to see and hear your entry, Arcy. I am also looking forward to listening to all the entries that I have not caught up with.
Will be back later today!
See you!

hey there joojoo!
an original song for the season
and featuring Kevin sweetening things up
on electric uke and harmony.

GUESS I'LL GO AND EAT LUNCH

Well a (C)bee stung me on the (F)ass one day
A (C)bee stung me on the (G)ass one day
He (C)didn't have much for him(F)self to say
I (C)guess I'll (G)go and eat (C)lunch

Then a wasp bit me on the finger one day
A wasp bit me on the finger one day
Didn't have much for himself to say
I guess I'll go and eat lunch

Well we (Am)all got our itsy bitsy (F)parts to play
In (C)this ol world that keeps (G)spinnin' away
If (Am)you aint got nothin (F)better to say

C F C G C F C GC

Then a skeeter bit me on the ankle one morning
Skeeter bit me on the ankle one morning
He didn't have much to say for his callin

Well a spider bit me on the toe one night
A spider bit me on the toe one night
He didn't have much to say for his fight

Well we (Am)all got our itsy bitsy (F)fights to fight
We (C)all got our itsy bitsy (G)bites to bite
While (Am)we're all spinnin this (F)web called life
Just make (C)sure you got (G)time for (C)lunch

Cause we (Am)all got our itsy bitsy (F)parts to play
In (C)this ol world that keeps (G)spinnin' away
If (Am)you aint got nothin (F)better to say
(C)Guess I'll (G)go and eat (C)lunch

C F C G C F C GC FC

It's 8.30pm here right now and this season is officially over.
It has been really fun hosting my first season!
Hope all of you have enjoyed this season too!

I will be back with a wrap up soon!
Have a great week everyone!

Great season, great host, great music! That’s what it’s all about! Thanks so much, Joo! :cool:

Thanks for a great Season Joo and thanks to all the participants this week. I had planned so much more but ended up down for the count for 2 nights and a full day, sick as can BEE. I learned a nice blues number called, night bug boogie, which I’ll bring when I feel better

Btw...Arcy...welcome to the Seasons! What a great thing to hear a full version of this song. Heck, I didn’t even know it was a song. All I knew was, the worms go in the worms go out. Plus a puppet?? You’re the uke pal of my dreams (;

really fun week joojoo thanks!!!
had a ball and discovered lots of excellent new songs.
fantastic job hosting! :love:

all winners shown in the video, please PM me your mailing address so I can send you your prizes!

Loved your entries everyone. I really had fun hosting my first season.

Thank you to Janet (tippytoetoli) for your Sesame Street and cockroach fun, Brian (pabrizzer) for your awesome and thought-provoking originals, and that collab of Roadrunner you did with Rick, John (jp888then) for your heartbreaking cover of Angel from Montgomery, Rob ( (Roope seta Puhuu, Old Gardener Guy) for your wonderful originals, Wim (Wim van Ommen) for your smooth playing and sweet vocals, Trent ( recovering bassist) for making me smile every time I watch you play, Lynda ( BirdsEyeViewOfMyUke) for the tenderness that I felt in your songs this season, Brian ( Brian Fergus) for your top-notch performances, Randy ( Randy McSorley) for your positive energy and spirit that shine through when you play and sing, Alan (UkeintheHeartofTexas) for your lovely singing and playing, Rick (Rick Henderson) for your lovely presence, your laidback attitude I love, Del (Del Griffiths) for your gentle vocals and sweet playing, and especially for that Old Lady Who Swallowed A Fly song, and that Young Puggy Who Swallowed A Bee song, which made the 7-year-old joojoo very happy, Val ( Limousin Lil ) for the joy and smiles you bring every time you bring something, Benji ( The Martins) for your wonderful originals, Little Martins for your lovely Itsy Bitsy Spider song which you spelt as Itsy Bisty Spider and that is perfect, in my opinion! , Caz ( Caz and the Duck) for all the children songs you ever played and for this season too, and for singing in a language that I dunno but love the sound of, Rick ( Big King Velour) for your gusto and joy and JoJo ( Jonathan Richman) Awesomeness, and that collab of Roadrunner you did with pabrizzer, Russell ( Rustyy) for your one and fabulous entry, Jim( uke4ia) for being such an inspiration, also for opening your mouth so bloody wide every time you belt it all out!, Jon ( the glass canoe) for being such an inspiration too, for your beautiful, sad, funny, cheeky originals, and also for entertaining us with those "constipated" faces you pull, Steve ( 365ukesongs) for your soothing, lovely vocals, your sweet playing, and your gentle, lovely presence, John ( Ukecaster) for the groovy, infectious music that you bring to this season, Chris ( Christopher Fonda) for your magnetic presence and your unrivalled vocals and playing, Linda (Turtledrum) for making this place more poetic and beautiful with your words and your music, UkingViking for that song you wrote about the bees, it's a great one, Ryan ( Rayan Bridgett-Blake) for your passionate, intense performances, Chelsea ( Travels With Brindle ) for your refreshing original inspired by Louise Bourgeois' spider sculpture, Graham (ThumbStrummer) for that beautiful song you wrote, it is gentle and reassuring, Berni ( berni armstrong) for the 2 originals your wrote, for your compelling performances, and the sadness and honesty in your vocals, Gina ( Gina S. ) for sharing that poem you wrote called Kid Sister which was very touching for me, crisscross for your fabulous playing, as always, Dave ( The Cloverdale Kid) for your cover of Roadrunner, you're a joy to watch and listen to, Linda ( Linda Louden) for your beautiful entry, especially your gorgeous, GORGEOUS harmonies, Alan ( Alan Thornton) for being a part of this season! How nice to see you again!, Ylle ( kolibri uker) for your gentle, lovely version of Itsy Bitsy Spider, hackdown3 for your The Birds and The Bees cover, and for showing me how I can play the uke with a pen or small dowel as a pick!, Ralf ( OnlyUkeThatMatters) for that twinkle in your eyes, your fabulous percussive playing you 're so good at, and your awesome vocals, Rex ( Jazzbanjorex) for lighting up this season with your version of Glow Worm, Kevin ( Kevin Griffin) for making that Guess I'll Go and Eat Lunch song with Jon even sweeter with your electric tenor uke and harmonies, and Arcy ( Uncle Rabbit) for your first video for the seasons! I can tell that it is a video that was made with much joy and love. Welcome to the seasons!!!

Last edited:
Amazing wrap vid, comments and Season! Thank you so much, Joo! Congratulations to winners!

oh wow! when i watched the vid, i saw the bug badge at the start, and i fell in love with it, so i was beyond thrilled at the end, to find out it's mine! thank you so much! and thank you for a wonderful season! :rock:

Great wrap and season, Joo! Can’t tell you how thrilled and honoured I am to be getting that fabulous picture - what a talented artist you are!

And well done everyone - some bugtastic music from you all this week! :cool:

Top Bottom