A salutations from Northern USA.

Citrine

Reaction score
So, hi.

There’s not much to say. I’m just a younger teenager with Aspergers wanting something more to do with her free time, and happened to spot a cheap uke in a book order. Came here to ask a few things about tuning and look for tips I guess.

;-;

(Edit: I now see that I made an grammar error in my post title. This is not helping my first impression. ;-;)

Last edited:
So, hi.

There’s not much to say. I’m just a younger teenager with Aspergers wanting something more to do with her free time, and happened to spot a cheap uke in a book order. Came here to ask a few things about tuning and look for tips I guess.

;-;

(Edit: I now see that I made an grammar error in my post title. This is not helping my first impression. ;-;)

No worries Citrine, we all make errors. And the ukulele community is one of the least judgemental musical societies. Welcome and enjoy!

Welcome, Citrine! The Forum is a wealth of information, and there are lots of helpful people here. The ukulele can be a life long journey. Wishing you joy every step of the way!

Hi I'm just new here too, been teaching myself fora fewcyears now and it has taken a long time and much playing over and over of same songs, chords and rhythms and I'm much better now but have a long way to go.
As for tuning there are apps for that you can download on your phone, or you can get a digital clip on tuner for about £5 which is better but the app works fine too. Or you could get a complete tuition app with tutorial videos songs and chords and all you need, including the tuner. I highly recommend 'The Ukulele Teacher' he has an app or search him on YouTube. He's very good or Ten thumbs productions are very good too. Don't worry about your mistakes, no one will judge you for typos, I make horrific ones constantly and feel it may be worse here with this tiny screen and impossibly hard to see buttons and text that keeps disappearing. I also understand about As Berger's too and understand how it could be for you. Though no one is the same as any other with or without ASD's. Anyway don't they say that we all haves touch of it?...I know I do and certainly know many others I suspect too. So don't worry about that at all, no one will judge you badly because of it and you should try to not feel scared about making mistakes, no one cares I doubt and mistakes are all opportunities to learn.
OK I'm rambling on sorry. Can I ask if Citrine is your real name or username? Either way I like it, it's pretty but sharp too. X

*See I told you I made mistakes and I've been true to my word as I can ever be I think. I'm not even correcting them now, just leaving them there. Letting them hang there, despite bothering me and causing slight irked feelings. But I'm OK with it, I know you'll not judge me for my typos, as terrible as they are. Well I hope not anyway)

Last edited:
Top Bottom