Strings for KoAloha Tenor

Jerryc41

Reaction score
I'm thinking about trying different strings on my KoAloha tenor. Worth Brown seem to be popular, and so do Martin fluorocarbon. I'd also like to put a low G on it. I'm not sure what's on it now (bought used), but they're white.

I know that choosing strings is like picking a color for a new car, but I'd like to hear what you people think.

If you want low G and fluorocarbon, I’d look at Worth Clears and Living Waters...and it might be worth trying Sugar Strings On it, too (don’t know if the low G is wound).

I highly agree with Living Waters and Worth Clears. I've tried lots of strings on my Koaloha tenor and those two sound the best. I wouldn't recommend Martin strings for a Koaloha (even though Martins are otherwise great), because high tension strings don't generally seem to suit Koaloha the best. I emailed Koaloha once and they also said that they normally stick with medium tension strings as they feel that resonates better with their ukuleles.

I highly agree with Living Waters and Worth Clears. I've tried lots of strings on my Koaloha tenor and those two sound the best. I wouldn't recommend Martin strings for a Koaloha (even though Martins are otherwise great), because high tension strings don't generally seem to suit Koaloha the best. I emailed Koaloha once and they also said that they normally stick with medium tension strings as they feel that resonates better with their ukuleles.

Thanks! I ordered two sets of the Worth Clear Low G from Strings by Mail.

Jerry, in case you didn't know, each set of Worth strings usually contains strings long enough for 2 full sets, so you will have enough for 4 tenors. Hope you like them.

They do. I play a Kamaka tenor so it is not a real testimony about them on Koaloha. I put a set of browns on a mahogany Braddah tenor with great results.The Kamaka has clears. I have clear Worths on my Koaloha Opio long neck soprano and the sound is amazing. I like the clears and the browns and they have become my strings of choice. I prefer the high g to get the ukulele sound. I do like the Living Waters very much. I am not so thrilled with the Aquila sugar strings.

Top Bottom