Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: How about an Oreo?

Quote Originally Posted by Swamp Yankee View Post
    Interesting ukuleles for sure, but unless I'm mistaken, "Oreo" is still a registered trademark. Who knows whether Mondeléz International would enforce the trademark.... but.
    I was wondering that as soon as I heard the uke's name. It's kind of a shame because it's a perfect nickname and I am hard pressed to come up with a better alternative. It wouldn't surprise me at all if there were a cease and desist letter sent to them somewhere down the line. I can't imagine that Bonanza ukes would be on their radar but all it takes is one person telling them that a uke maker is using the Oreo name and selling product.
    Ohana CK-42R concert - all-solid, sinker redwood top, rosewood back and sides, maple binding, Ltd. Edition
    Kala KA-FMCG concert- solid spruce top, laminate spalted flame maple back and sides, mahogany binding
    Ohana CK-120G - all-solid acacia, mahogany binding, Limited Edition
    Kala KA-ZCT-C - all-laminate ziricote, walnut fretboard, satin neck
    Ohana SK-30M - all-solid mahogany long neck soprano (concert scale)

Quote Originally Posted by bazmaz View Post
    Again - that's one to discuss with Pete - the one he sent me was set up just as I would like it, but I get that people have their own thoughts. The beauty of ordering from him is you get to speak to a real person. Just tell him how you would like it.
    I'll have to get in touch with them with my questions. Right now I can recognize that I am in the infatuated/lust stage so I'll have to give myself a cooling off period to see if an Oreo is still as desireable a month or two down the road. (My gut feeling is that it will be.) I have a new uke coming to me today so I shouldn't already be looking for another!
    Ohana CK-42R concert - all-solid, sinker redwood top, rosewood back and sides, maple binding, Ltd. Edition
    Kala KA-FMCG concert- solid spruce top, laminate spalted flame maple back and sides, mahogany binding

Sorry guys, anyone who owns the baritone how does the volume and tone compare to a usual width solid top Instrument? Baz’s Review suggests the volume is quiet but acceptable on the tenor

Check out their Facebook page. There's a lot of videos there of ukes that they are about to ship out. They have some baritone videos there.

Quote Originally Posted by Davoravo View Post
    Sorry guys, anyone who owns the baritone how does the volume and tone compare to a usual width solid top Instrument? Baz’s Review suggests the volume is quiet but acceptable on the tenor
    No, I didn't say that. I said:

"Sound wise you would expect a narrow body built this way to suffer on volume and whilst it is not the loudest ukulele on the block, I was pleasantly surprised by what it does have. No, it's not 'melt your face' in volume but it is no slouch and louder than many tenors I have played"

I didn't say it's quiet. Sure, it's quieter than my tenor Koaloha, but that's hardly a surprise. I've played quieter regular body tenors.
    The GOT A UKULELE REVIEWS DATABASE!

www.gotaukulele.com - uke reviews, songs, tips & tricks for beginners!

Help Support Got A Ukulele!

Ukes include (!) Kanile'a K1 Tenor, Tinguitar custom solid tenor, Fluke, Flea, Kamaka HF-1, Koaloha KTM-00, Tinguitar Reclaimed Mahogany soprano

Quote Originally Posted by mikelz777 View Post
    I was wondering that as soon as I heard the uke's name. It's kind of a shame because it's a perfect nickname and I am hard pressed to come up with a better alternative. It wouldn't surprise me at all if there were a cease and desist letter sent to them somewhere down the line. I can't imagine that Bonanza ukes would be on their radar but all it takes is one person telling them that a uke maker is using the Oreo name and selling product.
    Yeah, "Hydrox" just doesn't have the same ring to it...

Quote Originally Posted by Kenn2018 View Post
    Yeah, "Hydrox" just doesn't have the same ring to it...
    "Hydrox" would be the name of an inferior, second-rate ukulele.

Quote Originally Posted by bazmaz View Post
    "

I didn't say it's quiet. Sure, it's quieter than my tenor Koaloha, but that's hardly a surprise. I've played quieter regular body tenors.
    Sorry did not mean to misquote you. And thanks for helping with my volume question.

Quote Originally Posted by Davoravo View Post
    Sorry did not mean to misquote you. And thanks for helping with my volume question.
    I equally dont want to mis-represent it - it's not loud, but it's not quiet either. Kind of average i'd say - sorry if that is vague!
    The GOT A UKULELE REVIEWS DATABASE!

www.gotaukulele.com - uke reviews, songs, tips & tricks for beginners!

Help Support Got A Ukulele!

Ukes include (!) Kanile'a K1 Tenor, Tinguitar custom solid tenor, Fluke, Flea, Kamaka HF-1, Koaloha KTM-00, Tinguitar Reclaimed Mahogany soprano

Quote Originally Posted by mikelz777 View Post
    "Hydrox" would be the name of an inferior, second-rate ukulele.
    A genuine Laugh Out Loud moment!

Thread Information