Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Results 31 to 40 of 40

Thread: How about an Oreo?

  1. #31
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    MN metro area
    Posts
    1,609

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Swamp Yankee View Post
    Interesting ukuleles for sure, but unless I'm mistaken, "Oreo" is still a registered trademark. Who knows whether Mondeléz International would enforce the trademark.... but.
    I was wondering that as soon as I heard the uke's name. It's kind of a shame because it's a perfect nickname and I am hard pressed to come up with a better alternative. It wouldn't surprise me at all if there were a cease and desist letter sent to them somewhere down the line. I can't imagine that Bonanza ukes would be on their radar but all it takes is one person telling them that a uke maker is using the Oreo name and selling product.
    Money can't buy happiness but it can buy a uke which is basically the same thing.

    Ukes are a lot like potato chips. It's hard to stop with just one!

  2. #32
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    MN metro area
    Posts
    1,609

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bazmaz View Post
    Again - that's one to discuss with Pete - the one he sent me was set up just as I would like it, but I get that people have their own thoughts. The beauty of ordering from him is you get to speak to a real person. Just tell him how you would like it.
    I'll have to get in touch with them with my questions. Right now I can recognize that I am in the infatuated/lust stage so I'll have to give myself a cooling off period to see if an Oreo is still as desireable a month or two down the road. (My gut feeling is that it will be.) I have a new uke coming to me today so I shouldn't already be looking for another!
    Money can't buy happiness but it can buy a uke which is basically the same thing.

    Ukes are a lot like potato chips. It's hard to stop with just one!

  3. #33
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Posts
    152

    Default

    Sorry guys, anyone who owns the baritone how does the volume and tone compare to a usual width solid top Instrument? Baz’s Review suggests the volume is quiet but acceptable on the tenor

  4. #34
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    MN metro area
    Posts
    1,609

    Default

    Check out their Facebook page. There's a lot of videos there of ukes that they are about to ship out. They have some baritone videos there.
    Money can't buy happiness but it can buy a uke which is basically the same thing.

    Ukes are a lot like potato chips. It's hard to stop with just one!

  5. #35
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    4,624

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Davoravo View Post
    Sorry guys, anyone who owns the baritone how does the volume and tone compare to a usual width solid top Instrument? Baz’s Review suggests the volume is quiet but acceptable on the tenor
    No, I didn't say that. I said:

    "Sound wise you would expect a narrow body built this way to suffer on volume and whilst it is not the loudest ukulele on the block, I was pleasantly surprised by what it does have. No, it's not 'melt your face' in volume but it is no slouch and louder than many tenors I have played"

    I didn't say it's quiet. Sure, it's quieter than my tenor Koaloha, but that's hardly a surprise. I've played quieter regular body tenors.
    The GOT A UKULELE REVIEWS DATABASE!

    Help Support Got A Ukulele!



    Ukes include (!) Kanile'a K1 Tenor, Tinguitar custom solid tenor, Fluke, Flea, Tinguitar Reclaimed Mahogany soprano, KM Ukuleles Dreadnought Concert, Brüko walnut soprano

  6. #36
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Location
    Sparta, Wisconsin, USA
    Posts
    1,739

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mikelz777 View Post
    I was wondering that as soon as I heard the uke's name. It's kind of a shame because it's a perfect nickname and I am hard pressed to come up with a better alternative. It wouldn't surprise me at all if there were a cease and desist letter sent to them somewhere down the line. I can't imagine that Bonanza ukes would be on their radar but all it takes is one person telling them that a uke maker is using the Oreo name and selling product.
    Yeah, "Hydrox" just doesn't have the same ring to it...

  7. #37
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    MN metro area
    Posts
    1,609

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kenn2018 View Post
    Yeah, "Hydrox" just doesn't have the same ring to it...
    "Hydrox" would be the name of an inferior, second-rate ukulele.
    Money can't buy happiness but it can buy a uke which is basically the same thing.

    Ukes are a lot like potato chips. It's hard to stop with just one!

  8. #38
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Posts
    152

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bazmaz View Post
    "

    I didn't say it's quiet. Sure, it's quieter than my tenor Koaloha, but that's hardly a surprise. I've played quieter regular body tenors.
    Sorry did not mean to misquote you. And thanks for helping with my volume question.

  9. #39
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    4,624

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Davoravo View Post
    Sorry did not mean to misquote you. And thanks for helping with my volume question.
    I equally dont want to mis-represent it - it's not loud, but it's not quiet either. Kind of average i'd say - sorry if that is vague!
    The GOT A UKULELE REVIEWS DATABASE!

    Help Support Got A Ukulele!



    Ukes include (!) Kanile'a K1 Tenor, Tinguitar custom solid tenor, Fluke, Flea, Tinguitar Reclaimed Mahogany soprano, KM Ukuleles Dreadnought Concert, Brüko walnut soprano

  10. #40
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Location
    Sparta, Wisconsin, USA
    Posts
    1,739

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mikelz777 View Post
    "Hydrox" would be the name of an inferior, second-rate ukulele.
    A genuine Laugh Out Loud moment!

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •