We've been overrun

Geez, every time I logon lately, and click on New Posts, 1/3 of the new posts are about movies, all by the same person, or bot, I assume. If I want movie info, I'll go to an entertainment site. I hate this. Is it just me?

I hate it too, wonder what can be done and kind of hope that someone is working out how to stop such abuse of the site.

I wouldn't say I hate it, I just find it mildly disagreeable. I reserve hate for much more serious things.

John Colter.

I have been reporting every day that these messages show up. It’s seems they are being removed. But then a new spammer profile is set up.

I have been reporting every day that these messages show up. It’s seems they are being removed. But then a new spammer profile is set up.

Sometimes the spammer(s) will randomly change user accounts to evade the "user id" based filters a web site might use. In that case the filtering has to be done at the IP address or domain level at a router ahead of the server hosting the web site. To this end I've asked if the spam is coming from the same IP address.

U just wonder what they are hoping to accomplish by pissing everyone off?

U just wonder what they are hoping to accomplish by pissing everyone off?

They don't piss me off. It's not worth it. Hell, they don't even annoy me. i ignore them.
But I'm glad they're being reported....

They don't piss me off. It's not worth it. Hell, they don't even annoy me. i ignore them.
But I'm glad they're being reported....
I still wonder what they think they will accomplish by it?

On this site as well as others that I belong to I try to let nothing bother me. Opinions, politics, religion, likes, dislikes, and so on. I just scan read and keep my finger on the delete button. Hopefully, mods have delete buttons and are authorized to simply delete them too. Do not even advise them, just DELETE.

I report them as a 'possible spammer' to the mods, then I go to their profile page & block them. :)

How do you block them? I go to the users profile age, and click the "Add to Ignore List" on the left, but it doesn't make their existing posts go away, maybe it just works on new posts? Anyone know how to block? I hate checking in for new posts, and seeing 85 new posts from this bozo.

Yep, add them to your ignore list & you don't see their posts, at least, I don't - did you confirm that you wanted to add them, it comes up after clicking, & is over on the top right of that screen.

There is a TV & Movies forum - I just check that their posts are in there & nowhere else - I just wish I could block that whole forum from showing up in new posts.

On this site as well as others that I belong to I try to let nothing bother me. Opinions, politics, religion, likes, dislikes, and so on. I just scan read and keep my finger on the delete button. Hopefully, mods have delete buttons and are authorized to simply delete them too. Do not even advise them, just DELETE.
I do the same thing, but I've been on forums where those scammers and spammers take over. I was on a pilot's forum that over time got so overwhelmed by them that they had to shut it down. I don't want to see that happen here.

I guess I'm in a minority. I don't like TV. I think it's a scourge, a joke on humanity. People use it to live vicariously.
I couldn't care less about 99% of the movies out there today, either. Although we did go see Micheal Moore's Fahrenheit 11/9 recently. It was an eye opener.
I hope my jokes in the Daily Chuckle forum don't annoy anyone.

Top Bottom