Tenor suggestions

The Pono MT at $399 from HMS is really nice. It's well built and has a really good sound.
Note, I've got a Cordoba 35 series (selling for $250 more) but I prefer the Pono.

-- Gary

I just saw your other thread where you decided to go With Fred! Great choice, you definitely will not regret that. At Fred’s prices, I don’t know why anyone who is willing to spend $200-$500 would ever want a mass production instrument when you can have a beautiful handmade instrument for the same money :)

I find that price for a US handmade ukulele too good to be true. Look at the Kala Elites... they
cost twice as much and look at what the K brands cost... How can he do this without starving???

-- Gary

The Pono MT at $399 from HMS is really nice. It's well built and has a really good sound.
Note, I've got a Cordoba 35 series (selling for $250 more) but I prefer the Pono.

-- Gary
Very nice instrument. I ended up going with a custom build from Fred Shields. Thank you for a great suggestion!

I find that price for a US handmade ukulele too good to be true. Look at the Kala Elites... they
cost twice as much and look at what the K brands cost... How can he do this without starving???

-- Gary

I can understand your question. On the surface it sounds to good to be true. But from what I am told Mr. Shields is 80 years old and retired and it appears he does this for the love of the craft and to make some extra money. Hard to believe people today actually think this way but he must be one of them. There have been several UU members who can attest to the quality and honesty of Mr. Shields. So I took a leap of faith and ordered one. So far the process has been easy and professional.

Top Bottom