Season 346 - Large, Narrow, Heavy, Few

pabrizzer

Reaction score

Bring me songs with words describing SIZE, AMOUNTS or DIMENSIONS etc in the title.
Eight song limit - that's one a day if you spread them out.
The lyrics to my intro song have many of the words that will be OK. Of course there are many more.
It’s a deep river
It’s a long track
I don’t think I’ll make it back
It’s a tall mountain
A low fen
I may not get home again

Far from you
On a narrow road
Am I’m carryin’ a heavy load
Little chance
Hopes are few
And I’m sure missing you

Big fences
Small gaps
But I’m tryin to make it back
Large obstacles
to get through
But I wanna get back to you

Usual start and finish times apply....

PLAYLIST

Last edited:
Sounds like room for manoeuvre here, Brian ... although my mind is temporarily blank (it's very early in the morning here!) Great theme, Sir! I might be a little late posting this week as I am rapidly running out of giga bytes (only about 3 left to last till Thursday) and the only way I can upload anything is if I do it between midnight and six a.m. when access to the Internet is FREE!

Sounds like room for manoeuvre here, Brian ... although my mind is temporarily blank (it's very early in the morning here!) Great theme, Sir! I might be a little late posting this week as I am rapidly running out of giga bytes (only about 3 left to last till Thursday) and the only way I can upload anything is if I do it between midnight and six a.m. when access to the Internet is FREE!

Look forward to something HUGE or tiny from you Val - either or both would be OK.
Internet issues are a pain. I recently had to change providers - so far so good with the new mob.

Thanks for hosting Pa. Here’s Little Things. Bobby Goldsboro wrote this and released it in 1964, and the UK version I am familiar with, Dave Berry’s, was released the following year. Not sure what I’ll manage to get done this week. Was sorry to miss two seasons, especially Joo’s Season, for which I have something written, but didn’t have time to record. Will have to put it on the Island when I get round to it.

Thanks for hosting Pa. Here’s Little Things. Bobby Goldsboro wrote this and released it in 1964, and the UK version I am familiar with, Dave Berry’s, was released the following year. Not sure what I’ll manage to get done this week. Was sorry to miss two seasons, especially Joo’s Season, for which I have something written, but didn’t have time to record. Will have to put it on the Island when I get round to it.

Wonderful opening song thank you John. Joo's season still has just a little under 24 hours to go and I know she'd love to hear your original.....

Genius to make it title only...make us dig.
Here's a minor bluesy original - "One Too Far"...posting at halftime in our big footy match in Oz...Go The Roosters!

That little lie was one too far
This one's gonna , gonna leave a scar
words for you and words for me
along the way lost all reality

And the moon don't trust the water
the water don't trust the tide
everytime you say you love me
a little bit of truth just dies

my highway gambler is your dirty thief,
your fervent prayer is my lost belief

That little lie was one too far
This one's gonna , gonna leave a scar

Last edited:
This is a song which Leonard Cohen did in his shows towards the end of his career. One of his lighter numbers.

Here's a Dwight Yoakam song I've always liked. I'm fighting a nasty cold, so this was a quick take, and my voice isn't great, but I wanted to get one in. I won't be able to do a lot of songs the next few weeks, my work load on my job is going to be very heavy.

First time I've managed to record anything for months, but I've always liked this song which was the first thing that came to mind. (Actually it wasn't, but I don't think the world would thank me for screeching River Deep Mountain High. I'll leave that for more accomplished singers.)

John Bunyan's Pilgrim's progress meets Saint John of the Cross's Dark night of the soul
In other words the antithesis of Brian's song. His song was about longing to get back
and this original is about the need to escape, and dropping that heavy load of sin that we
carry on our back. The frost has put an end to Autumn... nothing but the dead and dying
in the garden. Time to move on.

Well your so shallow, led me down the wrong track
I’m leaving you baby, I ain’t never coming back.
You don’ t love youself You got no self esteem (so low)
You used to be my used to be, now your my has been
Can’t wait to get away from you
I’m leaving by the narrow gate
There is little chance i’ll be back
Cos You weigh me down with a heavy weight
Getting away from you may be a long and winding road.
Gonna shed my skin, keep moving, drop that heavy load.
Gonna lay my burden down, step away so easy and light
I no longer want to be a dark soul in the night

Long title for a short original song with not many words. A rare outing for me on low g tenor ukes.

I had to grab this quick before Trent or Alan did.
I have company coming tomorrow for the week and I will be leaving this weekend for vacation.
Apologies, or congratulations to next weeks host. I will be gone the whole week.
This is a one take shorty for ya pa :)

NotanotherLinda's excellent road song reminded me of one of my favourite Australian road songs - Wide Open Road by the Triffids. Footage is from The Leyland Brothers which fellow Aussies of a certain vintage will remember.

Top Bottom