Season 346 - Large, Narrow, Heavy, Few

and one from Billy Joel

Greetings,

All kinds of toys used on this one, about 6 hours worth. Gheesh, I had to do it. Not sure if I can do this on every vid, but it sure does sound nice with all the fancy stuff and clean recording. "Come a little bit closer".

Ciao

Thanks for hosting Pa. I'm experimenting here with live take playing electric baritone and singing through microphone into acoustic amplifier. Maybe a little overdone on the effects, but a good learning experience . . .

This song opened up the second album from The Band: Across the great Divide

I tried this one out last night, and then, just before switching off for the night, had a last look at this thread - and there was Harry122 doing it, and rather well too. Here's mine anyway -

Hello, Brian! Not uploading this in the middle of the night as I lashed out and bought an extra Giga byte (at vast expense!). This is a song with "BIG" in the title ....

Apologies to everyone whose contribution I haven't listen to this week ... a Giga byte doesn't go far and I'm going to have to catch up with the vids on Friday, when normal service is resumed!

Cool theme Brian! We are just getting back home with easily available www and wifi after attending the Ohio Ukulele Campout and camped in a "dark zone." Hope I can get back into the SOTU swing of things despite the late start. Hate to miss out on this one! :)

Cool theme Brian! We are just getting back home with easily available www and wifi after attending the Ohio Ukulele Campout and camped in a "dark zone." Hope I can get back into the SOTU swing of things despite the late start. Hate to miss out on this one! :)

Sure hope to see something from you guys (D&E). Glad you made it out of the dark zone and are back to the comforts of home.

I missed Joo's insect week thanks to a sore throat. I'm over it now so I'm going to inflict an old Rolling Stones number on you from their fabulous Aftermath album. It's a bit non PC in today's climate but so what, it's an excellent song. I had a bit of fun distorting pictures of quilts for the video.

Might be pushing my luck a bit here with the word ‘closest’? :rolleyes:
Originally by the wonderful Katie Melua.

Here's a Merle Haggard song. I heard the Johnny Paycheck version today, and decided to give it a try, using a combo of Paycheck's arrangement along with my own, and I tried it here half on mandolin and half on ukulele. Don't think I've ever tried a country shuffle on the "Finnish uke" before.

thank you for hosting the week brother
an original song for the season

A SHORT SONG ABOUT LONELINESS

How'm I gonna make it through today
And even if I do there'll be another one on the way
How'll I get through, without you

Well, each day is a process of holding on
The next one letting go of all the things that we did wrong -
Being in love, or being without
And just trying to get out -

So how'm I gonna make it through today
When all the words we left unsaid leave nothing to say
How'll I get through, how'll I get through
Without you

346-2

I think Pa might have heard of this band. And maybe this song. :)
One of my favorite albums of all time is their live Backstage Pass album.

Top Bottom