Kiwaya KTS-4K solid koa soprano

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xochi

Reaction score
I love everything about this gorgeous instrument -- except the size. I've come to the conclusion that concert is my size. I can't play this size as well. My search is on to find a comparable ukulele to this in concert size. I would consider trades.

Original tuners, thin neck, small frets, low action, very very light in weight. No marks that I can see. I added strap buttons. I'll include the case. Currently strung low G. Ask me anything you want to know! (Or let me know if I'm doing something wrong here.)

$500 shipped CONUS

Attachments

• IMG_6768.JPG
    IMG_6768.JPG
    88 KB · Views: 96
  • IMG_6758.jpg
    IMG_6758.jpg
    59.2 KB · Views: 114
  • IMG_6761.jpg
    IMG_6761.jpg
    48.4 KB · Views: 100
  • IMG_6762.jpg
    IMG_6762.jpg
    55.6 KB · Views: 117
  • IMG_6766.jpg
    IMG_6766.jpg
    36 KB · Views: 150
Nice uke. And those wonderful tuners!

And since you asked:
For the build quality and splendid sound, I think Kiwaya are a little depressed on the market. (Prob only because they are Japanese rather than American made.)

To sell, you will prob have to compete with one listed here and another on Reverb listed at $400.

Last edited:
Thanks for the tip. Do you have links to these instruments? I don't see any koa Kiwayas on Reverb, and the only ones I see on here are mahogany for $400-450. I did see a koa Kiwaya on here that sold for, I thought, $800. I'm not sure I've ever seen a solid koa instrument of any brand sell for less than $500, though I may have missed some.

Thanks for the tip. Do you have links to these instruments? I don't see any koa Kiwayas on Reverb, and the only ones I see on here are mahogany for $400-450. I did see a koa Kiwaya on here that sold for, I thought, $800. I'm not sure I've ever seen a solid koa instrument of any brand sell for less than $500, though I may have missed some.

TOTALLY missed that! You're right, the ones I mentioned are mahogany. SORRY!

I didn't even know there was a KTS-4 in koa...
And no wonder yours is hard to price - the only one that pops up for me was when this one (looks like the same one!) was sold used at Guitar Center. Maybe someone carried it back from Japan?

There was a KMS-K in koa here for a while. Gorgeous flamey instrument (drool) that was reduced a number of times... that is when I decided that the Kiwaya market is a bit soft.

You can search "Kiwaya" here on this page in the right hand corner, also on Reverb in their search engine...

Last edited:
An older 'hog model I once saw here was gloss rather than the contemporary satin finish (which I love).
Which is yours? A little hard to tell from the pics...

The Kiwayas are incredibly good instruments. The build is impeccable as is playability, sound and intonation. Top notch in every way. Good luck with this

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom