marie' digby guitar giveaway contest

NukeDOC

Retired Mod
Reaction score
her music might not be for everyone. but i actually dig it. she's a very talented musician/singer/composer that got much of her fame from youtube. plus she's beautiful hahaha. but yeah, she wanted to give back to the youtube viewers i guess, with a little contest to give away a Sunlite classical guitar autographed by her.

here is the link to the details:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gMVXINobvFM

basically, you just gotta do a cover of her single. now here's how it applies to us...

she shows you how to play it on the guitar... with the capo on the fifth fret! now how easy is that? for those that dont know, the tuning of a guitar from strings 1-4 is the same as the ukulele. so just watch her fingers and where they are positioned on those first 4 strings if you dont know yet how to transpose them. simple, right? now, even if nobody here wins the guitar, how awesome would it be for her to mention how surprised she is to find so many ukulele covers of that song, not realizing how easy the transition is?

personally, i dont need another guitar. but i plan on trying out still. the price is right... FREE. and its autographed.

I wonder how many people liked it better before the signature was written on it...

(is she famous or something?)

wow, when she was teaching the chords and just started singing i felt tingels! It would be cool to get another guitar but i just sold mine that was just like that one except mine had a cutaway. i like her... haha!

(is she famous or something?)
she's not famous famous. but she's had a record deal for a while now. and decided it would be a good marketing move to start making youtube videos. and thats how she was discovered by most people. she's appeared on some late night show... i think it was carson daily who saw her and had to have her on the show. and has a pretty big following. kinda like jake, if you will, but just another hot chick with a guitar and a great voice.

most famous for her acoustic version of "umbrella". if youve ever seen someone cover that song on guitar... it started with her.

OMG!!! Very big fan of her work. For sure I'll create a video. I'm gonna win this for my friend. I always promised her either a guitar or ukulele and could never afford it. Hopefully this signed classical from Marie will make up for it.

Last edited:
most famous for her acoustic version of "umbrella". if youve ever seen someone cover that song on guitar... it started with her.

ohhh... ok. We have her to thank. She does have a nice enough voice though and it is kind of a cool contest. Good luck on your entry.

(maybe if only she signed the back of the guitar instead....too late now)

I enjoy marie digby. I think she could've definately made a better song choice when she played on Carsons show.

That'd be awesome if there were hella ukulele renditions from the uu.com peeps entered and one of our own won.

Top Bottom