WTB long neck soprano or concert Flea--or trade for Kiwaya KS-5

Ziret

Reaction score
I am looking for a long neck soprano, preferably with a very thin neck. I know the neck isn't thin, but also would consider a concert Flea. I'll post photos of the Kiwaya later today. Also super interested in a Romero Creations concert.

Hiya Teri!
I just want to let you know that I held a LoPrinzi concert in my hands for a long time at Dusty Strings (almost bought it), and it had a really nice slender neck...

Wish I'd spotted your Kiwaya lam you sold so quick!

Hiya Teri!
I just want to let you know that I held a LoPrinzi concert in my hands for a long time at Dusty Strings (almost bought it), and it had a really nice slender neck...

Wish I'd spotted your Kiwaya lam you sold so quick!

Thanks, Tracie. Your trip to Dusty Strings made me want to go myself. You're right, a Loprinzi would be perfect.

I was thinking of telling you that I think you would like a Loprinzi concert. The neck is super slim and the body a tad smaller than regular concert size. So it feels like a super soprano-ish. Then Tracie here tells you what I was thinking. The Loprinzi is built so pristinely, like a jewel box, the tone is great, and it plays easy. The neck is almost too thin for me. I haven't added it to my signature because I feel like I'm not going to keep it. I want to replace it with a concert I can love as much as my blue frog soprano. Loprinzi is the one I keep in the living room for practicing on concert size. I do play it, but always wish it was mahogany, or cedar top for more warmth. Maple has a clean, clear tone and is great for finger-picking but I'm a strummer. I like the mushy muddled tone of mahogany. Uke shopping and swapping has not been a priority. But of course it's always fun to think about:)

Another thumbs up for the Loprinzi concert. I was fortunate to find a mahogany Loprinzi on Reverb two months ago and it quickly became one of my most played ukes. Slimmer neck profile than the Martin C1K and Koaloha longneck soprano. The body is also smaller than any of my concerts so it fits the bill if you are looking for a longneck soprano.

Thanks for all the info about Loprinzi concerts. I would like to know the width of the body at the upper and lower bouts, if anyone can provide that. They sound great. Maybe one will show up.

I was thinking of telling you that I think you would like a Loprinzi concert. The neck is super slim and the body a tad smaller than regular concert size. So it feels like a super soprano-ish. Then Tracie here tells you what I was thinking. The Loprinzi is built so pristinely, like a jewel box, the tone is great, and it plays easy. The neck is almost too thin for me. I haven't added it to my signature because I feel like I'm not going to keep it. I want to replace it with a concert I can love as much as my blue frog soprano)

Sending you a catch-up email.

@Ziret, I have one of the limited run all mahogany longneck sopranos that KoAloha made that I got from HMS. The all 'hog versions really sound great to my ears (a bit warmer than the all koa ones). I've literally played it twice. I just have two many ukes.

https://www.theukulelesite.com/koaloha-mahogany-longneck-soprano-ksm-02-mh-1.html

I'd sell it for $500 plus actual shipping. PM me if interested.

Good luck in your search!

I have one of the limited run all mahogany longneck sopranos that KoAloha made that I got from HMS. The all 'hog versions really sound great to my ears (a bit warmer than the all koa ones). I've literally played it twice. I just have two many ukes.

Wow! That is a great price for that uke Eddie. It sounds GREAT too!

@Ziret, I have one of the limited run all mahogany longneck sopranos that KoAloha made that I got from HMS. The all 'hog versions really sound great to my ears (a bit warmer than the all koa ones). I've literally played it twice. I just have two many ukes.

https://www.theukulelesite.com/koaloha-mahogany-longneck-soprano-ksm-02-mh-1.html

Good luck in your search!
Thank you so much for the offer. I had an Opportunity LN soprano and the neck was too fat. ☹️ I know, they're supposed to be quite thin.

Thanks for all the info about Loprinzi concerts. I would like to know the width of the body at the upper and lower bouts, if anyone can provide that. They sound great. Maybe one will show up.

I measured my Loprinzi concert. Upper bout width is 5 5/8 inches. Lower bout is 7 1/2 inches. Overall body length is 10 inches. A more petite body that my KoAloha concert & the neck is thinner. Picture to compare the two.

Attachments

• DSCF1554.jpg
    DSCF1554.jpg
    92 KB · Views: 21
I measured my Loprinzi concert. Upper bout width is 5 5/8 inches. Lower bout is 7 1/2 inches. Overall body length is 10 inches. A more petite body that my KoAloha concert & the neck is thinner. Picture to compare the two.

Thank you! That's just what I was looking for. As you own both, how would you compare their sound, and how they play? If you have time...

Here’s another photo comparison between the Koaloha concert, long neck soprano and Loprinzi concert. In my opinion, the Loprinzi is closer in size to the LN soprano.

DB4B00D7-BA02-4197-8D81-4840E35164DF.jpgDB4B00D7-BA02-4197-8D81-4840E35164DF.jpg

Top Bottom