Vintage Martin Style 2 soprano

Status
Not open for further replies.
That is a deal! My kind of deal, but I already have enough mahogany sopranos.
The buyer will not be disappointed in the tone!

Damn. I cannot believe this is still not sold.
If I hadn't just bought a Martin I'd be ALL over this one.

That is a great price. I may get back selling Martins if you sell yours, my prices will have to reflect the Market. I hope you sell yours and renew my faith in vintage Martins.

Thanks guys, I guess things are a bit slow for vintage Martins, and I hate selling on eBay.

Wow, amazing price, especially if you look on Reverb or eBay or dealer sites. This one looks lovely and I am sure it sounds terrific. Good luck with it.

(I am amazed nobody has jumped on this one yet)

Teri, get this! Great buy on a Style 2.
If I didn't already own a 60's vintage Martin (and if a pre-war model wasn't on my bucket list!), I'd buy this one.

John, may I ask what in your collection has taken the place of the glorious tone of a vintage Martin?

If I didn't already own a 60's vintage Martin (and if a pre-war model wasn't on my bucket list!), I'd buy this one.

John, may I ask what in your collection has taken the place of the glorious tone of a vintage Martin?

Another vintage Martin! I also have a late 40's Style 0, whose sound I like just a tiny bit more, though both sound great! I had the Style 0 first, then got the Style 2 to compare, play for a while, then sell one of them. Visually, the Style 2 looks better, I just love the creamy binding. Also, the Style 2's original Grover tuners are the best vintage frictions I've ever used, so smooth, especially compared to the tulips on my Style 0.

Last edited:
Of course I've thought about it a lot. And offered John a couple of trades. I truly can't understand why it's still here. But I've got two mahogany sopranos that I like right now and feel perilously close to the soprano ukulele equivalent of a cat lady. Now I'm thinking about it again! I'm off to buy some tuna.

This a good buy imho.i don’t think you could go wrong in any way. I would get it but I already have some...0ut of 5 mahogany sopranos, my rather beat up 40s style 2 has the best sound to my ears. Sometimes I think I should get another just in case something happens to the one I have..but I like my S-1 too, and the Timms, of course. Guess I’m set in the mahogany sop dept.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom