NUD: Kala USA Elite Custom Shop Myrtle/Spruce Tenor

mineymole

UU VIP
UU VIP
Reaction score
Wow, gorgeous ukulele! The Kala folks just keep getting better and better!

Lovely photos, too. Not a single sideways or inverted pic. :cool:

No doubt the best looking Kala I’ve seen. :drool:

I know that one sounds as good as it looks and it looks marvelous. I love myrtle with shades of brown and tan. I am lucky to have a Koolau with the same wood combo and it is a lifetime keeper, I am sure yours will be as well. Thanks for sharing the pictures it really is beautiful

Wowza! Congrats on a gorgeous instrument!

Yowza ... YOwza ... YOWZA!!! That is one HECK of a GORGEOUS uke!!! It SOUNDS as good as it looks, too!!! I should know ... because I've played it first hand!!!:drool: Great pics! And I also noticed that you changed the strings already, too! You didn't waste any time at all!!! :biglaugh: Does the Aquila set that you put on it sound better than the previous set???

Beautiful. I've been contemplating an all solid myrtle uke but haven't taken the step yet.

8 tenor cutaway ukes, 5 acoustic bass ukes, 9 solid body bass ukes, 7 mini electric bass guitars

• Donate to The Ukulele Kids Club, they provide ukuleles to children's hospital music therapy programs. www.theukc.org
• Member The CC Strummers www.youtube.com/user/CCStrummers/videos

Last edited:
Yowza ... YOwza ... YOWZA!!! That is one HECK of a GORGEOUS uke!!! It SOUNDS as good as it looks, too!!! I should know ... because I've played it first hand!!!:drool: Great pics! And I also noticed that you changed the strings already, too! You didn't waste any time at all!!! :biglaugh: Does the Aquila set that you put on it sound better than the previous set???

The new Aquila Reds are great and work with the red accents!

Wow- that's one classy ukulele.

Holy moly, Mineymole!
Gorgeous. Heard good things about this one.

Awesome!!!!

Beautiful. I'd love to find the concert version of this ukulele.

Very nice indeed. A totally different level of instrument from the larger production run products ( some of which present good value in their own right). I had an all solid sycamore Kala Tenor as my 2nd Uke. I was quite impressed with that. Yours though is in the stratosphere in comparison. Congratulations on your new acquisition.

Very nice indeed. A totally different level of instrument from the larger production run products ( some of which present good value in their own right). I had an all solid sycamore Kala Tenor as my 2nd Uke. I was quite impressed with that. Yours though is in the stratosphere in comparison. Congratulations on your new acquisition.

Agreed Hollis. The Kala Elites can go toe to toe with any custom build in the same price point. Brenda has one as does another member of our uke jam, I've played both and they sound great.

Last edited:
Kala Elite craftsmanship is impeccable
They are definitely up in the class of a $3,000 + custom uke and of course they too are custom built in California .

I totally agree!!! :agree: I sold this exact uke to the OP. Super clean workmanship and amazing sound and projection for this particular model, which features Kala's x-bracing system specifically made for this USA Custom Shop model. My only wish is that Kala would offer slotted headstocks for their Custom Shop/Elite line. IMHO, slotheads give an instrument an understated look of elegance, sophistication, "High End" looks, and SEXINESS!!!:shaka: Especially for ukes at this price point.

Top Bottom