NUD: Cordoba 24T-CE

Ukecaster

Reaction score
I haven't had an NUD for awhile, but recently grabbed this used Cordoba 24T-CE tenor. It has a beautiful solid cedar top, with nicely bookmatched spalted maple B&S (laminate), padouk bindings, cutaway and a pickup with electronics. The one feature that really appealed to me was the 1.5" nut width. Now, I've never been a fan of spalted wood, but this one has very little of the very dark lines I usually dislike, and the back has some cool flame.

Intonation is great, excellent volume & tone, and the nut width is very comfy. I really like playing it, strung low G, and the sound is substantially different from my other low G tenor, which is all solid mahogany. I thought is was a decent deal at $150.00, and I feel I don't need to worry as much about traveling with it, and humidity, compared to a more expensive solid instrument. Based on the Cordobas I've seen at GC, I always considered them just meh, but am impressed with the build quality, sound and playability on this one. I have new Worth Clears on it, but expect to like it even more when I install some Worth Browns.

2.jpg
7.jpg
10.jpg
5.jpg
11.jpg

Last edited:
That's lovely!:drool:

What a beauty. Gorgeous Maple. I am on board with you, I am not really a fan of spalting but there is so little on this Uke it lets the Maple shine through. A big congratulations. :music:

Top Bottom