Thread: NUD: Cordoba 24T-CE

Default NUD: Cordoba 24T-CE

I haven't had an NUD for awhile, but recently grabbed this used Cordoba 24T-CE tenor. It has a beautiful solid cedar top, with nicely bookmatched spalted maple B&S (laminate), padouk bindings, cutaway and a pickup with electronics. The one feature that really appealed to me was the 1.5" nut width. Now, I've never been a fan of spalted wood, but this one has very little of the very dark lines I usually dislike, and the back has some cool flame.

Intonation is great, excellent volume & tone, and the nut width is very comfy. I really like playing it, strung low G, and the sound is substantially different from my other low G tenor, which is all solid mahogany. I thought is was a decent deal at $150.00, and I feel I don't need to worry as much about traveling with it, and humidity, compared to a more expensive solid instrument. Based on the Cordobas I've seen at GC, I always considered them just meh, but am impressed with the build quality, sound and playability on this one. I have new Worth Clears on it, but expect to like it even more when I install some Worth Browns.

2.jpg
    7.jpg
    10.jpg
    5.jpg
    11.jpg
    Last edited by Ukecaster; 10-05-2018 at 07:42 AM.

That's lovely!
    -Makala Dolphin Soprano-AKA "Ludo"
    Coming soon.. Kala-15S(Soprano)
    Started playing in June 2018
    Please call me Dixie
    I play left handed.

What a beauty. Gorgeous Maple. I am on board with you, I am not really a fan of spalting but there is so little on this Uke it lets the Maple shine through. A big congratulations.

Too bad some spalting snuck on the headstock, see pic below.

The only mildly negative I have to say about thiksx uke are the tuners: like many less expensive ukes, they use tuners that look like Grover 9b, but are cheap knockoffs. They work, but sometimes don't move while turning the buttons, and make jerky cracking noises. Real 9b tuners are far superior.

12.jpg

Thread Information