Pono guitars

Patchenu

Reaction score
Does anyone know if Pono still makes guitars?

Apparently

Yes, I think they do. I got a guitar from them last winter. Wonderful guitar, great finish, all solid wood. Their website has been down for ages, you have to contact them directly and they will tell you what they have in stock. You can also make a custom order from the models they have, and then it will take a while for it to be made (this is what I did).

If you like Pono, you may also want to have a look at Genta Guitars and Faith Guitars.

the Pono/Ko'olau warehouse has many guitars in stock...you can call Pono direct or ask Andrew or Corey they can help you on Pono questions too....

Their website is terrible, one of the worst I have seen. Maybe they do this on purpose because they only can handle to make and sell a small number of instruments.

Their website is terrible, one of the worst I have seen. Maybe they do this on purpose because they only can handle to make and sell a small number of instruments.

I will pass your complaint to John at Pono...hopefully they can update the site for you

I will pass your complaint to John at Pono...hopefully they can update the site for you

I doubt it. The website has been that way for a long, long time. I don’t think they realize how much business they loose by having such a dysfunctional site. Or maybe they do and can’t handle an increased production.

I thought about getting a Pono guitar...I gave up trying to figure out what was available and the price. Way to many easier and better options out there.

I doubt it. The website has been that way for a long, long time. I don’t think they realize how much business they loose by having such a dysfunctional site. Or maybe they do and can’t handle an increased production.

I thought about getting a Pono guitar...I gave up trying to figure out what was available and the price. Way to many easier and better options out there.

I agree 110%. I love Pono ukes and Andrew and HMS do a great job with them But John Kitakis who runs Pono does not seem to care about the guitars. Trying to access information about Pono guitars is ridiculously difficult. In this day and age of the internet it shouldn't be that hard. Sorry but I am not going to call someone in Hawaii to find out what models they make, what woods are available, sizes, shapes, colors, details options etc etc etc. As you said Hammer there is so much available out there, easily available that I gave up on Pono guitars as well

Top Bottom