Thread: Pono guitars

Default Pono guitars

Does anyone know if Pono still makes guitars?
    Current makers: Kinnard, DeVine, Moore Bettah, Ko'olau, Grimes, Kamaka

Apparently
    Ukelele:
    Iriguchi Tenor "Weeble" - Bb, SC SMU
    Blue Star 19" baritone Konablaster - DGBE
    KPK pineapple SLN-GCEA
    Cocobolo 16" SC#1-gCEA, SC SLMU
    Ono #42 19" baritone, Ab, LW
    Imua iET-Bb, M600
    Covered Bridge CLN pineapple - Eb cuatro, SC XLL
    Rogue bari
    Bonanza super tenor, FBL cFAD
    Kala KSLNG-C Lava
    Guitars:
    Cordoba C1m 1/4, TI CF127, G
    Cordoba Mini M, SC F# EFS
    Jupiter #47, TI CF127, G

Jim's Blog

Yes, I think they do. I got a guitar from them last winter. Wonderful guitar, great finish, all solid wood. Their website has been down for ages, you have to contact them directly and they will tell you what they have in stock. You can also make a custom order from the models they have, and then it will take a while for it to be made (this is what I did).

If you like Pono, you may also want to have a look at Genta Guitars and Faith Guitars.
    Enjoying instruments by - Beau Hannam - Jay Lichty - Jerry Hoffmann - Luis Feu de Mesquita - Kala - Kamaka - Kanile'a - KoAloha - Ko'olau - Moore Bettah - Pono - Romero Creations - and others

the Pono/Ko'olau warehouse has many guitars in stock...you can call Pono direct or ask Andrew or Corey they can help you on Pono questions too....
    Kanile'a K-2 Concert,Ko'Aloha Super Concert,Maui Music 1998 Koa Tenor,Compass Rose Koa Tenor,Graziano Koa Tenor,Kamaka HF3-S,Moore Bettah Milo/Sitka Spruce Tenor,DeVine mother of curl Koa/Engleman Spruce Tenor,Ko'olau Indo Rosewood/Sinker Redwood Tenor,Washburn Lyon and Healy 1936 Bell shaped soprano,Lfdm Bastogne Walnut/Carpathian Spruce Tenor,Rollo Scheurenbrand African Blackwood/Adirondack Spruce Tenor

Their website is terrible, one of the worst I have seen. Maybe they do this on purpose because they only can handle to make and sell a small number of instruments.

Quote Originally Posted by merlin666 View Post
    Their website is terrible, one of the worst I have seen. Maybe they do this on purpose because they only can handle to make and sell a small number of instruments.
    I will pass your complaint to John at Pono...hopefully they can update the site for you
    Kanile'a K-2 Concert,Ko'Aloha Super Concert,Maui Music 1998 Koa Tenor,Compass Rose Koa Tenor,Graziano Koa Tenor,Kamaka HF3-S,Moore Bettah Milo/Sitka Spruce Tenor,DeVine mother of curl Koa/Engleman Spruce Tenor,Ko'olau Indo Rosewood/Sinker Redwood Tenor,Washburn Lyon and Healy 1936 Bell shaped soprano,Lfdm Bastogne Walnut/Carpathian Spruce Tenor,Rollo Scheurenbrand African Blackwood/Adirondack Spruce Tenor

Quote Originally Posted by hawaii 50 View Post
    I will pass your complaint to John at Pono...hopefully they can update the site for you
    I doubt it. The website has been that way for a long, long time. I donít think they realize how much business they loose by having such a dysfunctional site. Or maybe they do and canít handle an increased production.

I thought about getting a Pono guitar...I gave up trying to figure out what was available and the price. Way to many easier and better options out there.
    Tenor Ukes
    KoAloha KTM-00
    Pono MTD-(All Mahogany)
    Big Island BI-MO-TR-(All Spalted Mango)
    Compass Rose Style B Tenor-(All Claro Walnut)
    Boat Paddle ML style Tenor-(Red Spruce/Cocobolo)

Baritone Uke
    Pono MHBSSC-(Spruce/Mahogany)

Tenor Guitar
    Ibanez AVT1-N-(Spruce/Mahogany)

Quote Originally Posted by hammer40 View Post
    I doubt it. The website has been that way for a long, long time. I donít think they realize how much business they loose by having such a dysfunctional site. Or maybe they do and canít handle an increased production.

I thought about getting a Pono guitar...I gave up trying to figure out what was available and the price. Way to many easier and better options out there.
    I agree 110%. I love Pono ukes and Andrew and HMS do a great job with them But John Kitakis who runs Pono does not seem to care about the guitars. Trying to access information about Pono guitars is ridiculously difficult. In this day and age of the internet it shouldn't be that hard. Sorry but I am not going to call someone in Hawaii to find out what models they make, what woods are available, sizes, shapes, colors, details options etc etc etc. As you said Hammer there is so much available out there, easily available that I gave up on Pono guitars as well
    Ukuleles.............yes please !!!!

Thread Information