Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: All KOA Wood Gem - Must See

Default All KOA Wood Gem - Must See

I found a great luthier who is a real craftsman. He built this ukulele from all KOA wood to include the bridge neck and fretboard. What was especially nice is that he allowed me to participate in the process and make decisions on how I wanted it to look to include the bindings, headstock and design. Go to birdwire.net to see more of this instrument some of his other works.

IMG_5463.jpgIMG_5341.jpgIMG_5429.jpgcmuke1.jpgIMG_5418.jpg
    Ukes: Collings UT3M, Kamaka HF 3 L, Palm Tree Tenor, Covered Bridge Pineapple Concert, KOA Bird on a Wire Tenor, Kaniliea Super Tenor, Collings UT1 Mahogany

Re homed: Kala KA-SSTU Soprano, Gary Gill Tenor, Kamaka Soprano, Koaloha Long Neck Concert, Nalo Long Neck Soprano, Palm Tree Concert, Koaloha Soprano, Cordoba 30T, Kala Baritone

Confluence of the Mississippi and Rum Rivers

Very nice, gorgeous wood , brand new but kind of an old tyme kind of look......how does it sound??

A stunning work of art, congratulations!
    Playing my Magic Fluke and grinning like a fool!

I wanted that look. It is of the nunes style.
    Ukes: Collings UT3M, Kamaka HF 3 L, Palm Tree Tenor, Covered Bridge Pineapple Concert, KOA Bird on a Wire Tenor, Kaniliea Super Tenor, Collings UT1 Mahogany

Re homed: Kala KA-SSTU Soprano, Gary Gill Tenor, Kamaka Soprano, Koaloha Long Neck Concert, Nalo Long Neck Soprano, Palm Tree Concert, Koaloha Soprano, Cordoba 30T, Kala Baritone

Sounds great. I am still breaking it in.

That's a beauty. It would be really helpful if you listed the price. I try to always state the price of any of the ukes I post.

8 tenor cutaway ukes, 5 acoustic bass ukes, 10 solid body bass ukes, 6 mini electric bass guitars

• Donate to The Ukulele Kids Club, they provide ukuleles to children's hospital music therapy programs. www.theukc.org
    • Member The CC Strummers www.youtube.com/user/CCStrummers/videos

That’s a beauty! Who is the luthier?
    Kamaka Pineapple Soprano
    Joaquin Custom Mango Soprano
    Steve Doreen Custom ‘West Coaster’ Soprano
    Steve Doreen Custom Tenor (soon!)

Tom Molstad. Bird wire.net.

Definitely one of the most beautiful ukes I’ve seen. Love the work on the fretboard stripe.

I'd really like to know the price, there's nothing on the web site about price.

8 tenor cutaway ukes, 5 acoustic bass ukes, 10 solid body bass ukes, 7 mini electric bass guitars

• Donate to The Ukulele Kids Club, they provide ukuleles to children's hospital music therapy programs. www.theukc.org
    • Member The CC Strummers www.youtube.com/user/CCStrummers/videos

Thread Information