Luke wanted to hear more...

S11LKO

Reaction score
Hi all, get ready to put your ear plugs in.

I’ve been trying to get a group of mates together as a ‘band’ for the last 18 months or so and failing miserably. We’re all in our 60’s and 70’s and only manage a get together about once every two months. But at least we have fun. They only want to play rock music. I keep reminding them we’re all old boys now, but it’s what they want to do,

I mentioned them in my recent post ‘Reflections’ and Luke asked to hear more. This is the only other snippet I have - and it was recorded on a phone so the sound quality is almost as bad as our ability! lol

Half way through you’ll hear our drummer attempt a ‘flourish’ which goes wrong and it throws the boys off. You might hear me shouting for them to ignore it and keep going! As I say, don’t take this too seriously...it’s just five old boys letting our hair down...not that we all HAVE any nowadays!!!

Thanks for posting Dave. I thought it was great.

I too am in a similar situation when it comes to getting together with other band mates. One of my mates lives more than 30 miles away and another lives 10 miles away. We range from 60 - 80 years old. Consequently we don't get together too often. But great fun when we do.

Annoying though, isn't it? My problem is twofold in that I would really like to practice lots until I/we are listenable to, and get out there to gig a little. Obviously, only little venues, but just to be heard. I get a buzz from playing to people.

My bandmates can't do the practices, and even if they COULD they say they don't want to play in front of an audience - EVER!

They don't understand why I do, saying I'm '62 years of age now and far too old to be thinking of THAT sort of thing'! lol

Top Bottom