Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Opinions? Boulder Creek Rip Tide US-11NS, waiting for it to arrive.. impulse buy

Question Opinions? Boulder Creek Rip Tide US-11NS, waiting for it to arrive.. impulse buy

Saw one selling for 135 shipped and in good condition..
    Have not heard much about this..

I've never handled one in person but I always thought they had a nice style to them.
    Sarah seems to like them...

As I've seen other members say, it doesn't exist without a photo, so here it is.

8 tenor cutaway ukes, 5 acoustic bass ukes, 10 solid body bass ukes, 7 mini electric bass guitars

• Donate to The Ukulele Kids Club, they provide ukuleles to children's hospital music therapy programs. www.theukc.org
    • Member The CC Strummers www.youtube.com/user/CCStrummers/videos

I played a couple of RipTides when I first started, and really liked them, but the store that had them couldn't get the model I wanted, then couldn't get me an HSC for one of the ones that they had, so I passed.

I even stopped at a store near their home in Gilroy CA, but they didn't have what I wanted, couldn't get it as it had been discontinued, and the new models wouldn't be in for quite a while. As I live in upstate NY, that didn't work for me.

A musical duo called The Don Juans, who perform often with Tom Paxton, use RipTide ukes. They sound wonderful, and the guys are very successful (Grammy-winning Nashville songwriters Don Henry and Jon Vezner,who is married to Kathy Mattea) and could have any ukuleles that they wanted. And they do - RipTides.

So if it sounds good when you get it, then for $135, you got a great deal. Mazel Tov!

-Kurt
    Last edited by ksiegel; 10-07-2018 at 01:53 PM.
    Magic Fluke Timber Bass * Ohana CK450QEL * Ohana CK-65D * Ken Timms Soprano
    Moku MS-90S * Waterman G-I-T-D * National Triolian Reso * Bugsgear Aqualele * Donaldson Concert *
    Rosewood Vita Uke * Waverly Street #38 * Ko'Aloha Sceptre Tenor * Ohana Vita Uke * FireFly banjo uke
    Epiphone Les Paul Ukulele * Republic Concert * Fluke Tenor M22 * Kala KA-KTG-CT Cedar Top
    Cordoba 20TM * 1950's Harmony soprano *1920's era Stella banjo uke

Am I done?

...naw...

My YouTube Channel

My spouse plays a tenor Riptide, and she loves it. They have the nicest neck shape of any Chinese made uke I've ever held.
    "Those who bring sunshine and laughter to the lives of others cannot keep it from themselves".

Music washes from the soul, the dust of everyday living.

Everything I've read and heard about Riptides has been very positive. The price seems fair, to me.
    If everybody wanted peace instead of another TV, then there would be peace.
    -John Lennon-

[QUOTE=kohanmike;2101845]As I've seen other members say, it doesn't exist without a photo, so here it is.

Interesting design features:
    • The side sound hole is larger than the front face sound hole
    • The saddle/bridge looks to have a pretty big angle compensation (But that could be image keystone-ing from a wide angle lens.)
    • The bridge design is way thicker at the 4 string than at the 1. Is this to change the way the top vibrates, or a design affectation?

It's a quirky design, but on the whole, I kinda like it.

I have a concert and I love it. I bought it for $65 used and I was so happy to get it I started talking uke with the seller and didn’t notice three big cracks. So it’s my travel Uke now, but it sounds so nice I sometimes play it at home.
    The side hole provides a nice amount of volume when I play quietly inside and the solid top doesn’t seem to effect how it projects when I play with a group. Even with the cracks, it’s a wonderful Uke.

I originally loved the tuners because of the big flat knobs/buttons, but I find that the are easily knocked out of tune because of their size, so I only give them a “like” now.

Looks like the fixed the button size in the pic above.
    Last edited by Xtradust; 10-13-2018 at 05:17 AM. Reason: Added button info
    If life seems jolly rotten,
    There's something you've forgotten,
    And that's to laugh and smile and dance and sing! - Eric Idle

That looks nice, especially considering the reduction from the $250 list price. Is that the one from Reverb?
    Too many ukes, but I can't stop buying!

Quote Originally Posted by Jerryc41 View Post
    That looks nice, especially considering the reduction from the $250 list price. Is that the one from Reverb?
    Yes, got it off reverb, there was a dealer getting rid of his stock, a new uke that has been sitting around in a shop for a year or so.

Thread Information