Ukulele from HEX

Rakelele

Reaction score
From what I understand, HEX is a company based in Korea that makes guitars and now ukuleles as well. I just came across a sound sample that I thought sounded really nice - not just the Uke, but the player and the song, "Dancing Queen" from ABBA:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DDzSmU_iAPU

Thanks for posting this, Rakele! Looks and sounds nice.

It sounds like either the E string is a bit flat in the the tuning or there are intonation issues.

Aside from that, the song sounds nice and the player is very good. Nice to see some other new brands as well.

Thanks for posting - I checked out their website. I like the sound of the long-necked soprano. Wonder how much they are and where to buy one.

It sounds like either the E string is a bit flat in the the tuning or there are intonation issues.

You're right, my impression was as well that one of the strings is a bit flat. Not the best advertisement for their instruments, and you'd think that a player of this calibre would notice and fix it before recording. Nevertheless, it is played so cheerfully that it made me smile - and then try to play that song myself.

I came across a few of their ukes in Bali this summer.

They only had a few of their laminate models in store in the shop. It was the Drum Factory music shop in Ubud, the only place I saw playable ukuleles there. They only carried two brands, Hex was the better.

The were not horrible. The finish of the cheaper woods was not impressing. Not smooth like the satin finish on many ukes.
The koa laminate seemed decent, but I might not have had a good reference.

Last edited:
Top Bottom