Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Pono ACD Concert - REVIEW

Really nice when a thread about one particular brand gets totally overtaken by something else entirely..
    The GOT A UKULELE REVIEWS DATABASE!

www.gotaukulele.com - uke reviews, songs, tips & tricks for beginners!

Help Support Got A Ukulele!

Ukes include (!) Kanile'a K1 Tenor, Tinguitar custom solid tenor, Fluke, Flea, Kamaka HF-1, Koaloha KTM-00, Tinguitar Reclaimed Mahogany soprano

Sorry, Baz.

I had hoped a mod would have moved it into a different and more appropriate section.

Maybe they might now.

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by bazmaz View Post
    Really nice when a thread about one particular brand gets totally overtaken by something else entirely..

Quote Originally Posted by bazmaz View Post
    Never been let down by Pono before. This doesn't change that!

https://www.gotaukulele.com/2018/10/...le-review.html
    The only time I have been disappointed by Pono (I own 4) was when I purchased a Master Series Cedar Top Mahogany Tenor (MTSH-C-MS), the one with an arm bevel and side sound port, from HMS (theukulelesite.com) and it was rejected in setup because of a crack in it near the neck. This was supposed to be an instrument with carefully hand-selected woods and hand builds done by only the top craftsmen at Pono. So, how a crack made it through the process is beyond me. It was the only cedar/mahogany one made. The last one in stock was a MS made of acacia that I wasn't too impressed with the look of the woods. These were touted as being Pono's top-of-the-line showcase, limited edition ukuleles.

I am highly impressed with HMS for letting me know about the problem and that they had rejected it for sale after finding the flaw while inspecting it before setup. They tried to get a replacement, but after 3 months they told me it didn't look like Pono was going to make any more. Bummer.

Issues with even the highest end ukes can slip through. I once rejected a Hawaiian Koaloha for a split. It happens on occasion. QC is a human process and human error happens.
    The GOT A UKULELE REVIEWS DATABASE!

www.gotaukulele.com - uke reviews, songs, tips & tricks for beginners!

Help Support Got A Ukulele!

Ukes include (!) Kanile'a K1 Tenor, Tinguitar custom solid tenor, Fluke, Flea, Kamaka HF-1, Koaloha KTM-00, Tinguitar Reclaimed Mahogany soprano

Thread Information