We're getting a city commendation.

KohanMike

Los Angeles, Beverly Grove West
UU VIP
Reaction score
I'm a member of The CC Strummers, a seniors ukulele group of about 60 people out of the Culver City, California Senior Center. Tonight, Monday, the group is being awarded a commendation from Culver City for our community service visiting and playing for UCLA/Mattel Children's Hospital, OPICA Alzheimer's Center, and various other local assisted living, rehab and disabled groups.

About 10 of us will be present and we're going to play our version of Iz's version of Judy Garland's version of "Somewhere Over the Rainbow" for the mayor, city council and attendees, not only because it's become such an iconic ukulele song, but also because MGM Studios, where The Wizard of Oz was filmed, is a landmark in Culver City. I'm going use my new Kala red Journeyman U-bass with my Blackstar Fly 3 Bass rig hanging on me.

8 tenor cutaway ukes, 5 acoustic bass ukes, 10 solid body bass ukes, 7 mini electric bass guitars

• Donate to The Ukulele Kids Club, they provide ukuleles to children's hospital music therapy programs. www.theukc.org
• Member The CC Strummers www.youtube.com/user/CCStrummers/videos

Last edited:
way to go, Mike! :nana: :cheers:

Great job, CC Strummers!

That is great. What an honor!

Woot!

We need video please ;)

Thanks all. I know there were photos, not sure about a video. I'll contact our leader Cali Rose.

8 tenor cutaway ukes, 5 acoustic bass ukes, 10 solid body bass ukes, 7 mini electric bass guitars

• Donate to The Ukulele Kids Club, they provide ukuleles to children's hospital music therapy programs. www.theukc.org

Here's a video of us receiving the commendation and playing "Somewhere Over the Rainbow" too (please excuse my flubs). I'm wearing my Blackstar Fly3 Bass Duo amp and playing my new red Kala Journeyman U-bass, which I'm not happy with at all, the A string rattles, even with a new nut, and the string amplified volume is not balanced from string to string, otherwise it was a very gratifying experience.

Last edited:
Top Bottom