Thread: We're getting a city commendation.

Default We're getting a city commendation.

I'm a member of The CC Strummers, a seniors ukulele group of about 60 people out of the Culver City, California Senior Center. Tonight, Monday, the group is being awarded a commendation from Culver City for our community service visiting and playing for UCLA/Mattel Children's Hospital, OPICA Alzheimer's Center, and various other local assisted living, rehab and disabled groups.

About 10 of us will be present and we're going to play our version of Iz's version of Judy Garland's version of "Somewhere Over the Rainbow" for the mayor, city council and attendees, not only because it's become such an iconic ukulele song, but also because MGM Studios, where The Wizard of Oz was filmed, is a landmark in Culver City. I'm going use my new Kala red Journeyman U-bass with my Blackstar Fly 3 Bass rig hanging on me.

8 tenor cutaway ukes, 5 acoustic bass ukes, 10 solid body bass ukes, 7 mini electric bass guitars

• Donate to The Ukulele Kids Club, they provide ukuleles to children's hospital music therapy programs. www.theukc.org
    • Member The CC Strummers www.youtube.com/user/CCStrummers/videos
    Last edited by kohanmike; 10-08-2018 at 05:51 AM.

way to go, Mike!
    Ukelele:
    Iriguchi Tenor "Weeble" - Bb, SC SMU
    Blue Star 19" baritone Konablaster - DGBE
    KPK pineapple SLN-GCEA
    Cocobolo 16" SC#1-gCEA, SC SLMU
    Ono #42 19" baritone, Ab, LW
    Imua iET-Bb, M600
    Covered Bridge CLN pineapple - Eb cuatro, SC XLL
    Rogue bari
    Bonanza super tenor, FBL cFAD
    Kala KSLNG-C Lava
    Guitars:
    Cordoba C1m 1/4, TI CF127, G
    Cordoba Mini M, SC F# EFS
    Jupiter #47, TI CF127, G

Jim's Blog

Congrats to you & your team.
    Trying to do justice to various musical instruments.

Great job, CC Strummers!
    Martin C1K • Ohana CK-50WG concert (solid cedar top) • Ohana SK-35G solid mahogany soprano <yay!!> • Firefly maple concert banjolele <yee-haw!> • Flea koa soprano • Lanikai LU22CFM laminate flame maple concert • Islander MAT-4 spalted maple tenor • Makala MK-CE concert • Woodrow "Steelers" soprano <eyeroll>

Raleigh Uke Jam:

My YouTube page

Congrats! That's awesome
    -Abe (ah-bay)
    Teacher/musician/podcaster
    ukuleleabe.com
    Abe’s Ukulele Podcast

That is great. What an honor!
    - Laura

Woot!

We need video please
    My pride and joy is a Solid Mahogany Tiny Tenor from Pepe Romero/Daniel Ho. I named it "Lumière"
    I also have a Kala Soprano KA-ASOV-S Spruce and Ovangkol which I named "Blood, Sweat, & Tears"
    And another soprano by Kanilea. The Islander AS-4 Acacia that I call "Little Bear"
    Soon to arrive: KLOS Carbon Fiber Tenor Deluxe Acoustic/Electric Ukulele !!!

Thanks all. I know there were photos, not sure about a video. I'll contact our leader Cali Rose.

8 tenor cutaway ukes, 5 acoustic bass ukes, 10 solid body bass ukes, 7 mini electric bass guitars

• Donate to The Ukulele Kids Club, they provide ukuleles to children's hospital music therapy programs. www.theukc.org

Here's a video of us receiving the commendation and playing "Somewhere Over the Rainbow" too (please excuse my flubs). I'm wearing my Blackstar Fly3 Bass Duo amp and playing my new red Kala Journeyman U-bass, which I'm not happy with at all, the A string rattles, even with a new nut, and the string amplified volume is not balanced from string to string, otherwise it was a very gratifying experience.

Last edited by kohanmike; 10-10-2018 at 07:56 PM.

Awesome!!!!!!
    My pride and joy is a Solid Mahogany Tiny Tenor from Pepe Romero/Daniel Ho. I named it "Lumière"
    I also have a Kala Soprano KA-ASOV-S Spruce and Ovangkol which I named "Blood, Sweat, & Tears"
    And another soprano by Kanilea. The Islander AS-4 Acacia that I call "Little Bear"
    Soon to arrive: KLOS Carbon Fiber Tenor Deluxe Acoustic/Electric Ukulele !!!

Thread Information