Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Multiple Concert Scale Ukes for Sale

Default Multiple Concert Scale Ukes for Sale

As I play tenor almost exclusively now and am also exploring guitars, it probably makes sense to sell all but one of my concerts. So, I'm listing them here so the market can help me decide.

While I don't actually want to sell any of these, I simply have too many ukes and need to pare down. I have sold other phenomenal ukes and discovered that to my surprise, I actually survived.

I have bought and sold dozens of ukes and made many wonderful friends in these transactions. My ukes are always well cared for and kept at proper humidity levels. I offer a 3-day inspection period. If you're not happy with it, simply return it in the same condition and I will refund all but the shipping cost.

Ground shipping CONUS included in the prices below. Will ship faster and/or elsewhere with additional charge.

Collings UC3MSB. $2,700. On Hold.
    This is literally a one-of-a-kind uke. Spruce top, gorgeous quilted maple body with a cherry sunburst finish. This is the only one Collings ever made in cherry sunburst; the others were all tangerine sunburst. Excellent condition. Includes glove-like fitting Collings case.

Here is the original listing to the exact uke:
    https://www.theukulelesite.com/colli...3msb-1443.html

Josh Rieck 16" Concert, Torrefied Spruce/Quilted Sapele. SOLD (pending payment).
    This is a concert uke with a tenor-like tone. Outstanding for finger style and because of that I have always had it strung linear ("low g"). If you held a gun to my head and told me I could only keep one uke out of all of my ukes (not just my concerts), this might the one as the 16" size offers great versatility. Includes Crossrock 1000 case. New this uke would sell for about $3,000 + case upgrade.

In-progress build and finished photos here: https://flic.kr/s/aHskWpKhWE

There is a small mark on the top that does not break the finish, as confirmed by luthier-to-the-stars David Neely. The mark is most visible from a side angle (as in pic) and from other angles it's not really noticeable. Aside from that, it's in excellent condition. Photo of mark:

[

Here is my original write-up:
    https://forum.ukuleleunderground.com...6-quot-Concert

Takumi 3K. SOLD.
    All koa Takumi concert. The wider lower bout on these Takumi concerts really adds to their tone. In as-new condition.

Here is the original listing to the exact uke with pics and sound sample:
    https://www.theukulelesite.com/takum...t-tk-3c-2.html

KoAloha All Mahogany Longneck Soprano. On Hold.
    These limited run all 'hog KoAloha's sound great. I mentioned this in another WTB thread and several people instantly wanted it, so there's a buyer and back-up buyer for this one if I do sell it (waiting to see what happens with the others I've listed above). I'd be happy to keep this one if the others all sell since it's the least expensive and I rarely play these smaller sizes.
    Last edited by Ukulele Eddie; 10-11-2018 at 05:35 PM. Reason: Takumi Sold
    More an appreciator of the ukulele than a true player. My motto is: "Don't matter how good it ring if it ain't got some bling."

Doubt is not a pleasant condition, but certainty is absurd.—Voltaire

Curious about the relative importance of tonewood vs. the luthier? See Luthiers for a Cause to learn more!

Holy moly, Eddie, what a collection! I wish you were in the UK. And that I hadn't just spent my money on a new long-neck tenor.

Quote Originally Posted by Pirate Jim View Post
    Holy moly, Eddie, what a collection! I wish you were in the UK. And that I hadn't just spent my money on a new long-neck tenor.
    I can solve your first wish, I will ship internationally at additional actual cost of shipping. But I don't have a time-machine to solve your second. ;-)
    More an appreciator of the ukulele than a true player. My motto is: "Don't matter how good it ring if it ain't got some bling."

Doubt is not a pleasant condition, but certainty is absurd.—Voltaire

Curious about the relative importance of tonewood vs. the luthier? See Luthiers for a Cause to learn more!

Wow, what beautiful ukuleles. I'm already daydreaming about one of them. I expect these all to sell quickly!

Beautiful Eye and ear candy! Good luck with the sales!
    How bad is your UAS?

Holy moly, Eddie.
    If these are the ones you are selling, I want to just peek at the tenors you are keeping!
    Tracie

Island Koa Instruments, prototype soprano, Peter Howlett #153
    Weymann soprano, 20's or 30's?
    Martin O, 1960's
    Kiwaya KTS-7
    Lanikai SPS-S spruce top
    Kanile'a K1 Concert
    Kamaka 1969 Tiki Concert
    Kala Elite 1MHG Concert
    Larrivee UT40MHO spruce/hog Tenor
    Guild Bari

Oh oh Eddie is opening his “treasure chest ”. Getting the space ready for more New one.
    I will pay attention to your NUD
    Best of luck with your sales and the lucky new owners
    Brenda

Please participate in our Mike Lynch tribute thread :
    http://forum.ukuleleunderground.com/...Tribute-Videos

WOW! that Collings is gorgeous, just out of my price range...
    Just Play

Sopranos: 1st uke, Lanikai soprano LU-11 - Aquilas | 30's Martin style 0 - Martins | Fender Piha'eu - Worth Browns | Lanikai banjolele - Worth Browns
    Concerts: Kanile'a K-2 CP - Living Water | Islander AC-4 - Living Water | Ohana CK-35-8 - Living Water | Kala KA-ACP-CT - Living Water, low G
    UBass: Kala Exotic Mahogany - Road Toad Pahoehoe

Geez Eddie, point that Rieck Concert somewhere else!...………….it is so tempting!

Holy cow that Collings is gorgeous
    -Abe (ah-bay)
    Teacher/musician/podcaster
    ukuleleabe.com
    Abe’s Ukulele Podcast

Thread Information