Ahoy hoy!

Wookie

Reaction score
What a lovely site to have totally found on accident! I'm a cellist and orchestra director by trade, but have always loved messing around on my Uke.

I've done lots of hobbyist type woodworking and have always wanted to try and built myself a violin or cello. I realized that's a bit above my ability so started with Ukuleles instead. Currently working on my building skills and building up the correct equipment.

WWWRRRRGWWWRRRRG!

To skip some of the "building up the correct equipment" step you might want to look into a kit build. That can bypass the more complicated pieces (carving the neck and bending the sides) while walking through all the essential little steps like bracing, fretting, calculating bridge placement, etc. There's also a lot of helpful and inspiring work both with kits and from scratch on the luthier's lounge. I hope to get my kit build restarted and post some progress pics there soon!

I actually bought a tenor uke kit that came with all the parts planed to the right thicknesses and everything more or less roughed out. I’ve been experimenting on junk wood and boards I’ve gotten from my local stores. I want to have successfully done a few things before I dive into the nice wood I got with the kit ��

Top Bottom