Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Jake's new ukulele

Quote Originally Posted by Rllink View Post
    ....He doesn't play them himself, he still plays Kamakas.....
    I think he said in the video that he plays this one when going out with the kids, or at the beach. It's his beater!

[QUOTE=Jerryc41;2102711 I wonder if they would have had better luck with a straight tenor. [/QUOTE]

I wonder if that wasn't an option because of his tie-in with Kamaka. There is the new Jake model Kamaka that is a tenor, (and a previous one), and in a sense this would compete with it, (though totally different price ranges), if you want to buy a Jake model ukulele.

I'm sure I'll get one. I only play concerts, so the scale will work for me. And, my custom ukuleles have 1 1/2" nut width (my specs). Seems like a perfect soprano for my purposes.
    If everybody wanted peace instead of another TV, then there would be peace.
    -John Lennon-

Quote Originally Posted by Joyful Uke View Post
    I wonder if that wasn't an option because of his tie-in with Kamaka. There is the new Jake model Kamaka that is a tenor, (and a previous one), and in a sense this would compete with it, (though totally different price ranges), if you want to buy a Jake model ukulele.
    I think you're right. It's a carefully worded site and the decision to keep it to soprano and to refer to exclusively playing Kamaka ukes on the home page is not an accident!

One UU member has bought one and posted a video sample of it a while back for those of you interested:

https://forum.ukuleleunderground.com...-sample-video)

Several pages of discussion on it here from when it was first announced too, answers a few of the questions here:

https://forum.ukuleleunderground.com...Ukulele-anyone

Thread Information