FS: Kiwaya KS-5 and Koaloha KSM-00

Status
Not open for further replies.

wyldelee

UU VIP
UU VIP
Reaction score
SOLD thank you UU forum

Two fabulous sopranos. Like new condition. They both play and sound wonderful, both professionally setup and both come with cases.
Really enjoy them both but don’t need two sopranos so similar.
Whichever sells first, I will keep the other.

Gallery of pics

https://wyldelee.smugmug.com/KS-5-and-KSM-00

Kiwaya Koa KS5 Soprano with Gotoh UPT’s. (Purchased here on UU a couple of years ago from Ukulele Eddie)
15 useable fret laminate koa Soprano! includes a nice padded case or a hard case +$30. Really nice Soprano that is light and resonant and plays wonderfully.

Video and pics of this very instrument: http://www.theukulelesite.com/ukulel...a-soprano.html

It’s currently strung with Worth Browns. Includes padded gig bag or a hard case +$30.

KS5’s new are $369, plus with the tuner upgrade ($69) and padded gig bag ($30) it would be about $468.

I would like ——shipped ConUS or —- shipped with hard case.

KoAloha KSM-00

Wonderful sounding and playing solid Koa Soprano. Has that KoAloha resonance and Hawaiian sound, this is one super nice canon.
Strung with Worth Clears. Comes with hard case.

——shipped.ConUS

Any questions feel free to message me.
Thanks,
Lee

Attachments

• E8F02090-F1AE-4370-9CF1-862C7F69DF7D.jpg
    E8F02090-F1AE-4370-9CF1-862C7F69DF7D.jpg
    14.7 KB · Views: 74
  • FE4E5615-1B5E-4149-8C64-EA8D33508152.jpg
    FE4E5615-1B5E-4149-8C64-EA8D33508152.jpg
    15 KB · Views: 39
Last edited:
I just picked up a KS5 with Gotoh UPT’s here on the marketplace last week. It really is an awesome soprano. Tons of space on the fretboard compared to other sopranos I've played and sounds great. I expect you'll have no issue parting with either of these wonderful instruments.

For you or anyone:
Does the KS-5 have the same slender neck as the KTS-7 (or KTS-4, etc), or does it have the reportedly slightly thicker neck of the Famous FS-5G?

And are these Kiwayas discontinued? Can't find them new anywhere...

Last edited:
For you or anyone:
Does the KS-5 have the same slender neck as the KTS-7 (or KTS-4, etc), or does it have the reportedly slightly thicker neck of the Famous FS-5G?

And are these Kiwayas discontinued? Can't find them new anywhere...

I haven't played them side by side but I tried a KTS4 in a store a while back and am pretty sure it was thinner. Hopefully, someone else can say with more certainty.

As for where to get new ones, Elderly Instruments appears to have a number of Kiwaya models in stock.

It has a skinny neck, one of the skinniest I’ve ever played. Extremely lightweight Uke.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom