Don't Know Why - Ukulele Solo

MikeHollandGuitar

Reaction score
Norah Jones classic song "Don't Know Why" arranged as a solo piece in the style of the great modern Jazz Guitarist Pat Metheny! Played on a Kanile'a tenor ukulele with low G tuning. Just spent a month or so remodelling our kitchen so took the opportunity to record there......which is surprising really because when I was working on the kitchen I was sick of the sight of it:confused:!

I hope you all enjoy,
Mike

Wow, I adapted those chords into a song, but it didn't come out anything like that. Kudos sir. :cheers:

Brilliant Mike!! Very much enjoyed that!
I bet you could do an excellent 'Hill Street Blues' theme on that same uke too!!

Lovely, Mike! :)
Thank you John!

Pat Metheny on the uke is a brilliant idea Mike - really sounds great!
I think we all try to emulate who we like..........And I like Pat Metheny. Especially his time with Joni Mitchell, Jaco Pastorius and Lyle mays!

That sounds very nice. What strings are you using?
Strings are Aquila Nylgut with a Fremont soloist low G!

Wow, I adapted those chords into a song, but it didn't come out anything like that. Kudos sir. :cheers:
Thank you Jim.......I just listened to how Pat Metheny would play it!!!!!

Brilliant Mike!! Very much enjoyed that!
I bet you could do an excellent 'Hill Street Blues' theme on that same uke too!!
Larry Carlton...........great choice Dave!

Fantastic Mike. I can listen to it over and over...
The original song is just lovely. It is great to work with inspiring material!

Thank you all for listening and your comments, I really appreciate them!
Mike.

Beautiful! Thank you for sharing with us:)

Norah Jones classic song "Don't Know Why" arranged as a solo piece in the style of the great modern Jazz Guitarist Pat Metheny! Played on a Kanile'a tenor ukulele with low G tuning. Just spent a month or so remodelling our kitchen so took the opportunity to record there......which is surprising really because when I was working on the kitchen I was sick of the sight of it:confused:!

I hope you all enjoy,
Mike

Wow, very nice play ! Can you play this song with a strumming pattern ? I can't wait to watch your strumming patern video for this song ~ :)

Wow, very nice play ! Can you play this song with a strumming pattern ? I can't wait to watch your strumming patern video for this song ~ :)

I am sure you can play this song with with a few strumming patterns but the piece was arranged for Solo Ukulele therefore the rhythms vary quite a lot. There is tab link in the YouTube video description so you can soon see what will work.
Mike

Top Bottom