Goldtone BUT ukulele/banjo

Papa John

UU VIP
UU VIP
Reaction score
I thought this was kind of a dud when I got it. I replaced the white plastic head with a Renaissance head and removed the plate resonator. I added an all-maple 2 footed bridge and a set of planets. As long as I keep the head tight, it is a nice and loud addition to some ukulele song circles and gigs.
The hooks and nuts loosen up with time and play and need attention every so often, partly because there needs to be more of them on the pot. The Asian made rim is so thick, I doubt if a replacement hook would work and I have not found a replacement 8" rim yet but I will keep on looking.
The case is very fragile but electricians tape is cheap and at least, it comes with a hard case.
DSC_0052.jpg

A bit surprised that you didn't like it. Those are fairly pricey at over $400, so I'd expect more.

Sorry for being forceful here, but so many people get the company name wrong, even when it's printed on the instrument, Gold Tone, not Goldtone. (Guess I need to get to sleep.)

Gold Tone.jpg

8 tenor cutaway ukes, 5 acoustic bass ukes, 10 solid body bass ukes, 7 mini electric bass guitars

• Donate to The Ukulele Kids Club, they provide ukuleles to children's hospital music therapy programs. www.theukc.org
• Member The CC Strummers www.youtube.com/user/CCStrummers/videos

Top Bottom