season 348 TELL US WHAT YOU REALLY THINK

Welcome to the seasons... has anybody ever told you you have a voice just like Colin Blunstone from the Zombies.
No kidding the phrasing and intonation is very similar. Nice performance.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LsdBXJyAo0E

Thanks! No I haven't ever been told that before, but am a casual fan of the Zombies and have always enjoyed singing their stuff. Might try recording some of their songs to see if I can hear it :)

OK, Jon, I think I found a pretty darned offensive one (though I've always thought of it as G 'n R's attempt at a Tom Lehrer-style joke song, myself).
(I decided "One in a Million" would be taking things several steps too far....)

Here i what I managed this week:

I don't know if it is properly political incorrect, but the lyrics sure are a bit off when you think about it.

I recorded it before for another season. Since then I got a better microphone, and an more expensive ukulele... But I still like my old recording better. Whatever, my gear is progressing, that something.

gina brought this wonderful song, she arranged it from lyrics and chords that she found of her brother's, i found it so moving at the time, and it's stuck in my mind ever since...

Dear Lynda, Many many thanks for covering this. I was unable to record a decent version, and you have given Nick’s song the life it deserved. Bless you.

I've recorded this for several seasons, and here's one where the final verse in the original (since replaced) fits the theme.

It's also a chance to get a vid or two in with my Martin before it goes in the case for the winter, only brought out for air occasionally.

I'm still nomadic, as the 'studio' isn't ready for prime time yet.

howdy all.
before we all change gears into next season,
the playlist is updated to the current point.
some absolute corkers have come through of late
and again, really pleased to hear so many covers
of folks' songs. it's been the highlight for me this week.
though there aint many watching and listening,
your host is very appreciative of the music being made and played.
thanks everyone!!!!

for now, i'll leave you with this, and with an
EXTREMELY LOUD WARNING re explicit subject matter and lyrics -
probably the filthiest song I know of.
Loudon Wainwright's version v

howdy all.
before we all change gears into next season,
the playlist is updated to the current point.
some absolute corkers have come through of late
and again, really pleased to hear so many covers
of folks' songs. it's been the highlight for me this week.
though there aint many watching and listening,
your host is very appreciative of the music being made and played.
thanks everyone!!!!

Oh I SO wanted to do this, but I just couldn't muster the courage!

Anarchist punks Crass got into the church, the monarchy, the government, and their anarchist ideals here. None of which are politically correct :p

thank you everyone for an awesome week of sounds.
wrap coming soon as newspaper round a hot fish.

I wish I had had the chance to contribute more this week for it is a great idea. One thing I have discovered this week is that a large portion of the songs I listen to our politically incorrect, LOL

I don’t really know this one qualifies but I like it so here it is :)

Guess you have you have never heard Denise Lasalle - Lick It Before You Stick It

I haven't been here in a few months after my old computer died, but I'm back (hopefully, more regularly again), with a couple songs for this week. Anyway, here is my first for this week. Has some politically incorrect ethnic stereotypes, but a cool song. I didn't even attempt to recreate the super-fast fiddle solo at the end. :eek:

Thanks for listening!

Top Bottom