season 348 TELL US WHAT YOU REALLY THINK

jumping in the cot now all.
enjoy your days north of the equator.
it' almost 2am and i'm fading.
but, if you're just waking up, i'll leave you with this lil gem
better than a double strength espresso.
catch y'all on the morrow.

Here's my two cents. I love this theme. We all know that music is powerful. It can be beautiful, majestic, lovely, funny, bombastic, and even ugly. Music is important, it it true art.

And art has - and should have - the ability to make us uncomfortable sometimes, either intentionally or inadvertently. This Season urges us to look at music a bit more critically, a bit more carefully. And thus, to look into our own selves.

Brilliant Season.

Thank you Randy for doing a much better job of expressing the same thoughts I have but expressed much less eloquently in my the YT comments.

Also, congratulations on your new home.

Love the theme. Hate Political Correctness.

good brother.
another confession time: I drafted an initial post on the night before the theme was to be posted
by way of my own email account. that introduction had a full paragraph of me grandstanding about
why and how much I despise political correctness. when it came to the next morning,
and posting time, I decided to cut that part out. you're on or you're off, you be lefty hippy or middle ground
or right-leaning bystander and nothin no-one preaches at you will change the direction the wind blows.
that said, there's a whole deep well of fabulous music I think we can all appreciate in and around this theme,
whatever our leanings may be.
cheers Rex

It's difficult to be more politically incorrect nowadays than Bill Cosby. Back in the 70's though, I never missed an episode of Fat Abert and the Cosby Kids. I had more of a love/hate relationship with the Cosby show sitcom in the 80's, but still, back then I could not have fathomed what Bill Cosby really was, and how he would end up. It's truly mind boggling for me.

Greetings,

This is going to be fun. I have several songs that fit this theme. My fav has chords insisting on fighting me (Bb and Gm). Both chords sound great on steel if I can get my fingers to do the talking. I’ll keep trying, the song must be delivered. Thanks for this, I’m gonna get it.

Ciao

I think the great Jacques Brel may have been mistranslated here...it was supposed to be " self employed sex facilitators"..or perhaps not.David Bowie and Scott Walker had English versions.The live versions on Youtube of JB doing this are something else.What a visceral performer.

This is one I have done before here, a fine piece of vintage filth, c.1931.

Speaking of vintage ...

A Jimmie Rodgers song, with yodeling. Not as offensive as some portrayals of indigenous Americans, but it's still not what we'd probably get today. And that's a positive development. Did I say it includes yodeling?

There was a time when this was one of my youngest daughter's favorite songs. Maybe sometime around when she was nine or ten. She would sing it with great relish and watch me cringe. It is by the great songwriter, Chuck Brodsky. Look him up if you don't know about him.

Top Bottom