10 uke's in 3 weeks

Wukulele

Reaction score
I bought 10 ukes in three weeks & my other half didn't get grumpy! In fact, they signed up for ukes classes after the 1st ones arrived, despite never having played any musical instruments in their life. And just now, they went & picked up one of the ukes (right after coffee #1) & tried out a new strumming pattern. :D

I bought 10 ukes in three weeks & my other half didn't get grumpy! In fact, they signed up for ukes classes after the 1st ones arrived, despite never having played any musical instruments in their life. And just now, they went & picked up one of the ukes (right after coffee #1) & tried out a new strumming pattern. :D

My spouse has never had a problem with my purchases of ukuleles. Her attitude is, "If you can afford it, AND you are going to play it, then get it." She has even encouraged me to buy one I thought was too expensive, reasoning that it wouldn't get any cheaper, in the future, and won't let me sell one (a zebrawood laminate) until I get a solid zebrawood that is just as pretty, or even more so.

It probably helps that I've been buying enough yarn to fill empty spaces for years, but I also spin yarn, have probably 20 pounds of roving in queue, we have multiple looms (and no place to use them), AND I just started knitting in April. (You want to see a great knitting guy? Ask TCK about HIS mad skills!).

So yeah, I have a lot of ukes. I've given one away, sold one for less than cost to a forum member who needed That Uke (It was easy - I had two Epi Les Paul Ukes - now I have one) and I've got my eye on another new concert from Mim, and a bass...

The only two problems I have in this whole scenario are a) My wife has no interest in learning to play Ukulele, and b) I probably should stop buying fiber and music-related things, and put the money in the bank to fund a new home, where we have room for everything.

-Kurt​

PS - you also haven't identified the ukes you've purchased. Remember: Pictures, or it didn't happen.

Last edited:
...and won't let me sell one (a zebrawood laminate) until I get a solid zebrawood that is just as pretty, or even more so.

It probably helps that I've been buying enough yarn to fill empty spaces for years, but I also spin yarn, have probably 20 pounds of roving in queue, we have multiple looms (and no place to use them), AND I just started knitting in April. (You want to see a great knitting guy? Ask TCK about HIS mad skills!).

So yeah, I have a lot of ukes. I've given one away, sold one for less than cost to a forum member who needed That Uke (It was easy - I had two Epi Les Paul Ukes - now I have one) and I've got my eye on another new concert from Mim, and a bass...

The only two problems I have in this whole scenario are a) My wife has no interest in learning to play Ukulele, and b) I probably should stop buying fibber and music-related things, and put the money in the bank to fund a new home, where we have room for everything...

PS - you also haven't identified the ukes you've purchased. Remember: Pictures, or it didn't happen.

ALL of that is AWESOME. The problem of space.... Yes totally running into that. But LOVE where I live

So here's three of the ukes... None of these three (or really ANY of mine) are fancy but they get the most playing time. Outdoor Ukulele moonshine tenor, kala watermen...
1D4B6F65-DA42-4BFC-A786-330BC8A5A9D9.jpg

Two of the four tenors. These two feel like entirely different species, universes.... Pono is Cedar/RW...
BBD6B672-44EE-495C-B2FD-AA67A9765780.jpg

The rest include Kala Thinbody travel tenor who isn't getting as much love as it should, Kala Kiwi, Kamaka Soprano early white label (project), & some Ohana minis (Sopranino in profile pic, sopranissimo pineapple-that booger is lucky it's so damned cute because the intonation drives me nuts). The minis were the gateway drugs....

I love them all equally....

There's only like 5 more I'd love to get.... Some off the shelf, some custom.... Interested in concert pineapples, mango, cedar poplar, plastique, eKoa, Romero if only they were so thickly glossy, repurposed...

Last edited:
As I've mentioned before, in my first year of playing five years ago, I went through 16 ukes, then culled them down to 4, and slowly I've crept up to 8.

8 tenor cutaway ukes, 5 acoustic bass ukes, 10 solid body bass ukes, 7 mini electric bass guitars

• Donate to The Ukulele Kids Club, they provide ukuleles to children's hospital music therapy programs. www.theukc.org
• Member The CC Strummers www.youtube.com/user/CCStrummers/videos

Kudos on your purchases!

I am new to ukulele playing and bought three in ten weeks. Did not know that I had it reversed...

3 uke's in 10 is MUCH more sensible... Curious which 3?
Kudos on your purchases!

I am new to ukulele playing and bought three in ten weeks. Did not know that I had it reversed...

Hmm......10 ukes in 3 weeks.......must be a record.......I'm pretty sure I took about 9 months to hit double figures. :p;)

(See if you can stay under 20. :rofl::music: )

I was married to someone for 15 years who didn't like ukes.
we divorced.
I married someone who loves them.
happy.

Cool. Which 8?

There were two 8-in-3-week purchases. This is one.
Gold Tone ResoUke
Pono PS-O
Fluke
Baton Rouge T8
Ammoon soprano
Kanile’a Honu HNS-CP, S
Ohana SK-21A sopranino
Martin (1944) w/spruce top

And another -
Mya-Moe Resonator 1112
Mya-Moe 2391
KoAloha Scepter KCS-07
Bruko
Firefly
Pono Cedar Slothead
Grateful Dead
KoAloha Scepter

There is nothing better in the world than a supportive spouse. Well maybe a house full of ukes and a supportive spouse. I am really lucky to have both. I told her yesterday I was thinking of selling off some of my ukes and she said "why"!!

Congratulations Wukulele for having both as well. I do envy you that your spouse is playing ukulele with you. Thank you for sharing and opening up a nice conversation

Last edited:
I'm going to a ukulele festival in a couple of weeks so Sunday evening I sat down and changed out the strings on one of my ukuleles that hasn't had a string change since last November and I want to take it to the festival. I play it a lot so it needed a string change. So while I was on a roll I changed the strings on my other two. They haven't been changed for a long time either. I have three ukuleles in all. But my wife was sitting in the next room and while I was doing the last one she said, "aren't you glad you don't have ten of them." I told her that ten would be slim pickings from some people I know.

Last edited:
Hmm......10 ukes in 3 weeks.......must be a record.......I'm pretty sure I took about 9 months to hit double figures. :p;)

Haha...took me a couple years!

3 uke's in 10 is MUCH more sensible... Curious which 3?

Starter uke is a Cordoba 15CM. Started fingerpicking and did not like the tone, so bought a Koaloha Pikake concert. Decided I would leave this at home so just ordered a Pono MSD soprano and awaiting delivery.

I would not be able to enjoy my new ukulele if soon acquiring another new one. I of course don't have also money to spend so much, but even if I had i would not buy them at OP's rate.

I have a transverse flute that I don't play anymore, but I could start again anytime if I wanted. Also a violin hanging on my wall, that I don't play anymore. I justify keeping them because they are beautiful instruments that I have actually played.

I have an electric guitar that I seldom play. It has some wiring problems on mics. I'm keeping it because once I played it also much and currently has only value for me. At the moment I'm not much liking my acoustic guitar either. Classical guitar I have currently turned into a "baritone" and play quite a lot

Only 2 ukuleles, but I play mostly only the concert size re-entrant one, soprano only sometimes. I could maybe justify getting a tenor low G string ukulele one day.

So I have only 7 musical instruments, over decades of time.

-------

Well, also plastic alto and soprano recorders and a harmonica somewhere. In the storage space I might have also a really cheap russian? piano accordeon. But these don't count, because out of sight out of mind.

Last edited:
Yikes! I thought I was bad with 10 ukes in 6 months.

Top Bottom