Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Vita Uke

Default Vita Uke

Has anyone the body dimensions and scale length of the Harmony soprano Vita Uke? In a workshop clean-up, I lhave mislaid my templates.

Ages ago I was planning to build a vita uke and searched for dimensions. I found a site that had it all but struggling to find it again.
    However I think it was 14 inch scale with 21 1/2" long x 7 3/4" wide x 2 1/4" thick

Hopefully someone with a tape measure and the real thing in front of them can chip in as my numbers could be rubbish.

I'll see if I can get the dimensions from a friend I sold mine to. Also it had a slightly curved sound board that the copies left out. I had to match the curve of a top to the bottom of the bridge when replacing it. Just a thought, how about a radiused fret board to match?

Thanks.Look forward to confirmation. I can't see the point of radiuses fretboards for ukulele. I always radius my fronts. The original fronts have probably 'pulled' into a curve. Anyway, we are nearly there with the project.

Here's a page of measurements I took from a lovely Vita uke that came in for repair a few years ago

Vita uke 4.jpg
    Last edited by RPA_Ukuleles; 09-01-2019 at 12:49 PM. Reason: Edit drawing for clarity
    Rodney Paul Adams

Brilliant RPA - I thought my proportions were a little out. Now for the re-draw and programme.
    Last edited by Pete Howlett; 08-30-2019 at 10:39 PM.

Did Harmony make soprano versions of the Vita uke, and were the bodies the same size as the concert?

John Colter.

Quote Originally Posted by RPA_Ukuleles View Post
    Here's a page of measurements I took from a lovely Vita uke that came in for repair a few years ago

Attachment 120957
    There is something wrong with the 9 5/8" measument at the top... it should be longer I think.
    http://ukulele-innovation.tripod.com ebay i/d squarepeg_3000 Email timmsken@hotmail.com

If you can believe that moving images and sound, can fly through empty space across the universe and be seen and heard on a box in your living room ?.. then you can believe in anything.

The Vita uke has a 14" scale, so it's a little hard to call it a concert or a soprano. It just is what it is.
    Rodney Paul Adams

The publicity in a 1930's ad shows a range of these instruments but I have only ever seen the sopranos... and yes, those measurements come within my 'range'. It was the scale length that was confusing. Also I am not making a reproduction - my neck joint is at the 13th fret because it brings the bridge to a better position on the front.

Having said all that, I blew up the binding channel today...
    Last edited by Pete Howlett; 08-31-2019 at 07:46 AM.

Thread Information