FS: Hive Tenor Ukulele

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tanman

Reaction score
Up for sale is a 2016 Hive Hornet in Redwood over East Indian Rosewood. Original owner. Condition is mint and sound and playability are top class. Original mint amertiage case included. Here is the original listing from HMS:

https://www.theukulelesite.com/hive-ukulele-custom-hornet-redwood-top-rosewood-tenor.html

$SOLD SOLD SOLD, Paypal friends and family, or you cover fees, I cover ground shipping CONUS. Please PM with questions. Thanks for looking!

D51DF57A-3DC1-446E-A2CB-1EC8E07A80C0.jpg7F8567F9-7400-4EA6-9334-69E35749EDB8.jpg

Last edited:
Beautiful Hive tenor! Great wood combination of redwood and rosewood.

I'm biased as I'm an unabashed Hive fan, but this is a very good opportunity for somebody to join the Bee Hive at a great price.

Man, I was on the fence about putting this one up for sale and you guys got me thinking yet again. Don’t be surprised if this sale is pulled, and if so, my advanced apologies to those who’ve already made inquiries.

Man, I was on the fence about putting this one up for sale and you guys got me thinking yet again. Don’t be surprised if this sale is pulled, and if so, my advanced apologies to those who’ve already made inquiries.

You don't get much higher than this for a quality custom Ukulele. I would be rethinking it.

I've pretty much got this spec on order with Jake, in fact it was the sound sample of this uke that clinched the deal for me. I'm going for the redwood with wenge, or if the CITIES restrictions are lifted for rosewood, which there is every possibility - if I can afford/justify the extra - it'll be 'brazilian' . Likewise, if you were in the UK ....anyway, good luck with the sale or decision to keep it or not.

I tried to buy this uke online from HMS when it came up for sale originally. As a matter of fact, I put it in my basket and then decided to listen to Cory's amazing sound sample one more time. When I went back to pay for it through Paypal, it was gone!
But like Pete F, Cory's sound sample was the impetus for me to order my Redwood/Birdseye Maple uke from Jake. I couldn't find Cory's original sound sample of this uke again. Maybe someone else can find it and post a link here for the seller. I think that once that happens, this uke will be sold. It is a fantastic value at that price.

Thanks for the video guys! When I posted link to original HMS page, I had assumed the video played on that page. My oops.

That is a glorious-sounding tenor!

Dkcrown: That happened to me once on HMS (for a lesser instrument). It sucks. I still kick myself about the one that got away. But as they say: "Timing is everything."

Tanman: It's a good conundrum to have? Best of luck deciding.

The other day a ukulele friend mentioned he bought a new Hive. I stared at him in shock and envy, thinking he bought the used Hive ukulele I saw listed online. He had always played low-priced but nice Kalas and Cordobas. “You got a Hive!?” I kept sputtering. “Yeah, a new bee hive,” he said. :p

Last edited:
The other day a ukulele friend mentioned he bought a new Hive. I stared at him in shock and envy, thinking he bought the used Hive ukulele I saw listed online. He had always played low-priced but nice Kalas and Cordobas. “You got a Hive!?” I kept sputtering. “Yeah, a new bee hive,” he said. :p

Lol, he probably wondered why you got so excited about his bees.

Last edited:
Well, it looks like the hive is sold. I will let the new owner chime in if so inclined. It’s going to a good home for sure. Thanks UU members for your interest, support, and enthusiasm!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom