I need some suggestions for YouTube videos

Uncle Rod Higuchi

Reaction score
my 'videographer' would like me to do a few more videos but I don't know what you all want to view.

I most recently did a video of my rendition of 'Crazy G'.

Choirguy has posted some very helpful Ukulele Boot Camp Practice Sheet strum-along YouTube videos for those who may want to work on the Practice Sheets for all 5 keys (search for 'ukulele boot camp' )

I am thinking of posting some of my favorite songs (40s and 50s) with the accompanying song sheets... What do you think?

Do you have other suggestions for me to consider?

Mahalo :)

keep uke'in',

Seems to me that there is a dearth of traditional Hawaiian Mele here on the UU site. I recommend and request anything for the "He Mele Aloha" book: Or even Hawaiian songs in English or Hapa (White Sandy Beach, Waimanalo Blues, Hasagawa's General Store, Road to Hana. Thanks

good suggestion, KanePono :)

If I do "My Favorites" there will be some Hawaiian and Hapa-Haole songs
included...as well as some Holiday numbers :)

Seems to me that there is a dearth of traditional Hawaiian Mele here on the UU site. I recommend and request anything for the "He Mele Aloha" book: Or even Hawaiian songs in English or Hapa (White Sandy Beach, Waimanalo Blues, Hasagawa's General Store, Road to Hana. Thanks

It might be intentional; I’m finding a lot of concern in all related fields of cultural appropriation—from hair styles to body ink to music that we sing or perform. In my own experiences in the upper Midwest, people seem hesitant to sing or perform Hawaiian music, both from a position of unfamiliarity and not knowing how to pronounce the language. This isn’t helped much when you start learning about Hawaii and realizing that there is a strong and growing nationalist movement that really doesn’t want non-Hawaiians using traditional Hawaiian music in any way (listening, playing, singing, etc.).

I hope we get past this current status of fear of cultural appropriation—but it is certainly a current and rising trend. I fear that it just separates us all further rather than bringing respect, understanding, and sharing of cultures.

I hope we get past this current status of fear of cultural appropriation—but it is certainly a current and rising trend. I fear that it just separates us all further rather than bringing respect, understanding, and sharing of cultures.

Agreed.

Top Bottom