Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Photo request - Romero Creations

Default Photo request - Romero Creations

Hello everyone, I have a Romero Creations XS Soprano. I find that the frets are a little close together for my large hands. Iíve seen a picture of the XS Soprano with the TT, but I cannot find any pictures (or videos, even better) of the XS Soprano, the TT, and the new ST Concert together. Iím considering selling my XS and purchasing a ST Concert.

That being said, does anyone have an idea when the laminate version of the ST Concert is slated to be available?

Thanks for your help. Hopefully someone out there has all three, or has some photos/videos to help with perspective.

The soprano version hasn't been available for months. It must be tough keeping up with so many different models.
    Too many ukes, but I can't stop buying!

Can't hurt to ask Pepe directly. smiley@romerocreations.com

Sometimes he answers if he's not too busy.
    My pride and joy is a Solid Mahogany Tiny Tenor from Pepe Romero/Daniel Ho. I named it "LumiŤre"
    I also have a Kala Soprano KA-ASOV-S Spruce and Ovangkol which I named "Blood, Sweat, & Tears"
    And another soprano by Kanilea. The Islander AS-4 Acacia that I call "Little Bear"
    KLOS Carbon Fiber Tenor Deluxe Acoustic/Electric Ukulele - no name yet

Thanks for the suggestion. I did hear from a UU member that has all 3, and she sent me a couple pictures. Very helpful! If she is ok with it, I will upload them here in this thread.

Yes, that’s fine.
    Kathryn

Here is a picture of Daniel Ho holding an XS Soprano next to a Tiny Tenor:

https://www.romerocreations.com/artists/

Since your concern is about the distance between frets (and thus scale length), you can easily assess the issue by playing any other ukulele of the same scale length. The XS has a regular Soprano scale, whereas the ST has Concert Scale (15"), and the TT has Tenor scale (17"), so the distance between frets on the TT will be exactly the same as on any other Tenor, or your Super Concert from Fred Shields. If you are comfortable playing that Super Concert, then you will feel at home with the Tiny Tenor as well.

Another way to get some more room on the fretboard is horizontal space. While the standard nut width of ukes is 1 3/8", some ukes like the Romero Creations Grand Tenor use 1.5" which may feel mor comfortable for people with large hands.
    Enjoying instruments by - Beau Hannam - Jay Lichty - Jerry Hoffmann - Luis Feu de Mesquita - Kala - Kamaka - Kanile'a - KoAloha - Ko'olau - Moore Bettah - Pono - Romero Creations - and others

Thanks for you input Rakelele. I do love my Tenor scale on my Fred Shields Super Concert and it is my go to Uke for 95% of my playing. My issue is that down in Bolivia the Ukulele is only just beginning to be introduced and aside from my Fred Shields and my Kala Baritone, every single Uke I’ve seen here (which are very very few) are the Sopranos. So it’s impossible for me to try a Concert.

There are a few songs that I’ve played that have some chords that are quite the stretch on my Tenor, so I play them on my XS Soprano . . . Which leads me to my problem with the Soprano scale! Where I gain the benefit of a huge reach for those spread out chords, I then struggle with some of the close together chords! So, I’m thinking that a Concert Uke will solve this dilemma for me. Though my Tenor scale Concert will continue to reign king for most of my playing, I think a Concert will be great for the other percentage.

By the way, that is quite a prestigious list of Ukes you have!! Drool worthy!

Quote Originally Posted by Rakelele View Post
    Here is a picture of Daniel Ho holding an XS Soprano next to a Tiny Tenor:

https://www.romerocreations.com/artists/

Since your concern is about the distance between frets (and thus scale length), you can easily assess the issue by playing any other ukulele of the same scale length. The XS has a regular Soprano scale, whereas the ST has Concert Scale (15"), and the TT has Tenor scale (17"), so the distance between frets on the TT will be exactly the same as on any other Tenor, or your Super Concert from Fred Shields. If you are comfortable playing that Super Concert, then you will feel at home with the Tiny Tenor as well.

Another way to get some more room on the fretboard is horizontal space. While the standard nut width of ukes is 1 3/8", some ukes like the Romero Creations Grand Tenor use 1.5" which may feel mor comfortable for people with large hands.

Quote Originally Posted by kvehe View Post
    Yes, that’s fine.

Thanks! I’ll post them up.

CD7B4DCC-0E7E-4C0B-8965-5B1830938BFD.jpg

Hereís a great shot that @kevehe sent me comparing the 3

I’m not sure why it’s sideways. It was sent to me correctly, saved to my computer correctly, but it uploaded here on it’s side.

Quote Originally Posted by SA Condor View Post
    CD7B4DCC-0E7E-4C0B-8965-5B1830938BFD.jpg

Here’s a great shot that @kevehe sent me comparing the 3

Thread Information