The Seasons Collaboration Exchange

UkingViking

Reaction score
Hi Seasonistas,

We see so many great collaborations these days, and I think that it would be awesome to see even more of those. And possibly to participate in some.

Personally I find it a bit intimidating to PM someone out of the blue asking if they want to do a collaboration, and I don't know how a collaboration can otherwise be arranged... unless there was a like an online forum where you could ask... hey, wait this is an online forum!

So I thought that would start a thread for this purpose.
As a new season is starting soon, and collaborating might take some time, I don't have a particular song or collaboration in mind, just wanted to bring out the idea.

The idea is that in this thread one can post if they would like people to PM them about collaborations for a given season.

Either in general or for a specific song.

I realise that most people would like to conceal their song choices, but you can be vague. Like you can hint the artist, the genre, the decade, or whatever. And possibly specify what you can bring and what you need. Like, if you have the strumming/arpeggios /U-bass/solo and want something that goes well with that, or you want to do a duet etc.

And naturally it would be nice to know what mixing tools and work one is bringing in terms of audio and video.

I hope you like the idea, and I hope to put myself out there in this thread in the future.

I kind off hoped that other seasonistas would join in on this, but I guess it is just me.

I'll throw in this second post and see if that is it.

Currently 349 season, Halloween theme. I don't have any great ideas for collab songs for this theme, but I am game if someone else has one.
I only have very basic editing software (Audacity, Moviemaker, ShortcutVideoEditor), but I am not afraid to use it.

I have a great idea for a christmas duet, but that is a bit early...

My video/audio technology skills are really limited. I like the idea of a collab thread/channel for sharing ideas. I'm not sure I can make it work on my side, though.

An interesting thought, but you'll need to let the idea sink in first, a couple of days won't get you the answer you're looking for. ;)

Who's gonna do what, where, when?

Give it a week or so for people to think about it. :)

Just now seeing this. I think it's a great idea. I've had the good fortune to collaborate quite a bit this year and I have found it to be a very enjoyable.

I do think that with the logistics of sending files back and forth, that it is best to sort out a plan early in the week in order not to feel pressured by the time.

I'll definitely do my best to participate and keep this thread going.

I'm up for it. I just use Audacity and VideoMeld, but VideoMeld doesn't always work. I guess I should learn how to use OpenShot.

Do you use Linux?
When I tried Openshot on windows 10 about 1,5 years ago it didnt work at all. But it might have been fixed.

I'm up for it. I just use Audacity and VideoMeld, but VideoMeld doesn't always work. I guess I should learn how to use OpenShot.

Do you use Linux?
When I tried Openshot on windows 10 about 1,5 years ago it didnt work at all. But it might have been fixed.

I'm on Linux Mint and use Open Shot. I'm currently on Open Shot 1.x as v2 is only available in 64 bit form and my system is 32 bit. I think my laptop might be OK for 64 bit but I need to check before trying to update to a 64 bit version of Mint.

Meanwhile I checked and Open Shot 2 has been ported to Wimdows and Mac so it's no longer just Linux which Open Shot 1.x was.

Learning curve for Open Shot is pretty shallow. If you've used the Windows video editor, you'll pick up Open Shot pretty quickly. That's what I found. The basics are easy to pick up but there's a lot more under the hood if you want to go looking.

Another option would be KDENLIVE. OpenShot was very easy, but instable on my Linux equipment (10yr old laptop, Mint17 "Rosa", 64 bit). Is a little bit more difficult to handle/understand.

May be I try also OpenShot again, but then on Windows 10. If I can get once a time slot for the laptop my wife and I share ;-).

Since murderous songs can be scary, I just got an idea for a song that would work in collaboration

Perhaps it is a bit late in the week.
Anyway, it is a duet, and I would need someone to do the part that was originally sung by Kylie Minogue.
Anyone who knows the song know which one I am talking about. But pretend not to...

I could find chords and start up an Audacity recording if someone is feeling it. Otherwise I will keep working on my solo project.

Another option would be KDENLIVE. OpenShot was very easy, but instable on my Linux equipment (10yr old laptop, Mint17 "Rosa", 64 bit). Is a little bit more difficult to handle/understand.

May be I try also OpenShot again, but then on Windows 10. If I can get once a time slot for the laptop my wife and I share ;-).

I'm on Mint 17.3 but 32 bit. I'm using OpenShot 1.x still and it's reasonably stable. It will crash if the video gets complex but it usually restores OK.

I'm thinking of installing Mint 19 64 bit so I can try Open Shot 2 as it's only available as 64 bit. I was also thinking of trying Shotcut which is also only 64 bit. There are quite a few options in Linux these days.

Hey uviking, I tried to facilitate collaboration shyness by having Members put a sticker in their signature area. Some People did do this which was to mean that they were always up for collaborating. I personally never got any response. Don’t know if it worked for others.

and I would need someone to do the part that was originally sung by Kylie Minogue.

Sorry UV. I looked this up (new to me) and really wanted to do it with you but Im down this week. Maybe next time.

Sorry UV. I looked this up (new to me) and really wanted to do it with you but Im down this week. Maybe next time.

There will be other Seasons to collaborate.
You should look up more of the Murder Ballads album, many great songs.

Was that the one Debby & I did together a while ago?

Last edited:
Was that the one Debbie & I did together a while ago?

If you did "Where the wild Roses grow". I don't recall it.
I might have missed that it had been on the seasons, it might have been a week where I didn't participate.
Or I might have forgotten.

If you did "Where the wild Roses grow". I don't recall it.
I might have missed that it had been on the seasons, it might have been a week where I didn't participate.
Or I might have forgotten.

Ah. No, my mistake. It was the Nick Cave/PJ Harvey duet, Henry Lee, from the same album that we did, for Season 167.

Hey gang, i've been struggling to get my butt going this week. Sometimes being overwhelmed by song choices leaves me unable to pick one and get started. The other thing, and I'm a bit embarrassed to admit it, but not having a chart sometimes can be an impediment to me as well. Totally self taught here, and since I started playing uke two years ago, i've become dependent on charts to get the ball rolling.

So, I guess what i'm proposing, is if anyone has a song idea that they have already gotten started on, i'd be happy to contribute vocals, uke and or whatever the song calls for. Feel free to reply here or send me a P.M. or an email: mezcalero 63 at the google mail . . .

Cheers,
kevin

Hi Seasonistas,

I will awake this abandoned thread to hear if some of you want to cooperate for the Jeff Lynne Theme.

I assume that I am not the only one who considers ELO a bit difficult to play, and leans towards some Travelling Willburys.
But they are like a group, and it just feels like the songs might sound better with a bit of chorus and alternating singers for the verses :)

On "End of the Line" four of the Wilburys sings more than chorus, so this would be great for a four-seasonista-cooperation.
Or several. There is allready one rendition this season, and there will definately be more. But perhaps two or three cooperations rather than ten individual renditions is more fun.
Of course I fully understand if some people prefer to work alone or with the people they worked with before.

I know that my own attempts at multitracking this far have not been super tight, but hopefully peer review will help that.
I can put stuff together in Audacity or leave it to someone who has more skills and better software if someone volunteers.

If someone wants to play, write here or PM me, so we can find out what key to play in etc.

If someone wants to start a parallel group, also please go ahead.

Best regards
"Viking Wilbury"

Top Bottom